ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen working for UK comp in NL exercise treaty rights?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

denver2k
Newly Registered

Post by denver2k » Tue May 31, 2016 1:26 am

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi nt16,

I travelled with my parents with a return ticket to be on safe side.

The immigration officer at Dublin didn't asked any such questions. On this one I will suggest please don't transit trough UK for Ireland as they ask unnecessary questions,
Hi ,

Is it necessary for UK Citizen to be in Ireland (or NL) prior to non-EEA parent's Short stay Visa C application?
Or is it possible to apply for parent's Visa C while Sponsor (EEA citizen) still residing in UK but planning to exercise freedom of movement?

nt16
Newly Registered

Post by nt16 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:07 am

denver2k wrote:

The immigration officer at Dublin didn't asked any such questions. On this one I will suggest please don't transit trough UK for Ireland as they ask unnecessary questions,
Hi ,

Is it necessary for UK Citizen to be in Ireland (or NL) prior to non-EEA parent's Short stay Visa C application?
Or is it possible to apply for parent's Visa C while Sponsor (EEA citizen) still residing in UK but planning to exercise freedom of movement?
It is possible to apply while still in the UK as long as you indicate that you are planning to exercise your treaty rights and that your non EU family member will be accompanying you. I applied for my family's visa while in the UK.

raholptl

Re: UK citizen working for UK comp in NL exercise treaty rig

Post by raholptl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:34 pm

nt16 wrote:
denver2k wrote:

Hi ,

It is possible to apply while still in the UK as long as you indicate that you are planning to exercise your treaty rights and that your non EU family member will be accompanying you. I applied for my family's visa while in the UK.
Hi nt16,
any update? did you get the visa?

Thanks,

nt16
Newly Registered

Post by nt16 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:21 pm

raholptl wrote: Hi nt16,
any update? did you get the visa?

Thanks,
Hi raholptl

You probably meant to ask denver2k.

As for me I received the Schengen visa to travel with family quite a while back.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Split post off as this is nothing to do with original topic created by original OP.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.