ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After EEA4 PR Card Queries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zhonor

After EEA4 PR Card Queries

Post by Zhonor » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:48 pm

I've been looking around the thread but could not find answers to all my questions:-

1) British Citizenship

I read some other thread that you can request for "SAR fast track" and get the dates of when you officially obtain PR (not the date on the BRP) so base on that date I am able to apply for citizenship correct? NCS would have the same dates as the one given by SAR?

Our EEA2 (RC) clock started in March 2011 after we got married and OH was a student then so we got our CSI in place from March 2011 (5 years on) and now finally I've got my EEA PR.

EEA2 RC dates on sticker/vignette (Jul 2011 till Jul 2016)
EEA4 PR dates on card (Oct 2016 till Oct 2026)

Does this mean that I am able to apply for citizenship from March 2017 since that is when my OH started his treaty rights and I as his family member or should I just wait until Oct 2017 to apply? I read that the application to become British citizens takes around 6 months to process so there is no way to apply 6 months before Oct 2017; am I correct?

2) Border Control

with EEA4 PR card; will I be able to use the EU lane as I've always done so with my EEA2 RC vignette?

3) Children British Passport

As I now hold PR means my children can be registered as British citizens? The children are both 2 year old and 1 year old but I have not applied PR for them as they are both EU nationals born in the UK. On the form it says date of PR; do you just leave it empty?

Thank you

noajthan

Re: After EEA4 PR Card Queries

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:43 pm

1) Yes, March.
Assuming partner is not British.

Unclear if NCS using HO hotline gets same date as a SAR.
Presumably both routes access HO CID databanks but without someone on the inside who can say for sure.

2) Yes, EEA line.

3) Your children born in UK before March 2016 can now be registered as citizens.
Form MN1, section 1(3) of BNA.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:17 am

noajthan wrote: Unclear if NCS using HO hotline gets same date as a SAR.
In my case it did

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 am

Dear Noajthan / Ohara,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Partner is not British. I assume I will have to wait until March 2017 before making the application and not before?

Ohara; Did you apply SAR normal or fast tracked? How long did it take before they advise you of the PR date? When you applied for British citizenship, did you hand in your PR card along or waited until you received approval then cut it up and return it?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:01 am

Yes unlike with visa applications for EEA RCs and naturalisation there is no "apply X days/months before he date" option.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Zhonor wrote:Partner is not British. I assume I will have to wait until March 2017 before making the application and not before?

Ohara; Did you apply SAR normal or fast tracked? How long did it take before they advise you of the PR date? When you applied for British citizenship, did you hand in your PR card along or waited until you received approval then cut it up and return it?
You will be able to apply one year from the date you acquired permanent residence. This is not necessarily the date of issue of the DCPR, and the whole point of doing the SAR is to find out this holy date.

In my case, the SAR revealed that I acquired PR in June 2012, which is correct as I had been working since June 2007. I only applied for the DCPR in December 2015, and received it in February 2016. I applied for naturalisation in March 2016 and it was approved.

I did not do the fast track SAR personally as I believe the pilot only started after I applied. However, another user of this board who was in a similar situation as me and doing everything at the same time made a standard SAR asking only for his PR date. They sent his cheque back with a letter saying they had processed his request under the fast track pilot and the letter also had his PR date. They didn't do the same with mine (although I asked for all computerised records) and it took 6 weeks. I actually sent the SAR mid February, and due to the naturalisation fee increase that was pushed forward to March, I ended up getting an NCS appointment in early March and they found out the date on the phone before I had the response from the SAR. Thankfully the date was June 2012, so I was OK anyway. The SAR response came through about 3 weeks later confirming the same date:

^ that was one of about 50 pages that was in the bundle; all were double side printed!

Edit: just found this photo too, this is what I ticked on the SAR sheet:

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Thank you so much. That was very helpful.

The problem with the full length SAR request is the need for lawyers to verify the identity documents as of July 2016 onwards and some lawyers are charging £400 just to do that.

Hopefully I'll get an idea of the exact PR acquisition date from the fast track SAR. It did not allow any comments but I listed down my requirement anyway so hopefully the person who received it is nice enough to just give me that date.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:06 pm

PO offers a service to certify documents.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:31 pm

noajthan wrote:PO offers a service to certify documents.
I don't believe the Post Office can help much in this regard. At least one member on this forum has his SAR rejected after he sent a Post Office certified copy of his passport as proof of ID.

HO stated that the photograph needed to be certified as a true likeness of the person, NOT that the copy needed to be certified as a true likeness of the original.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm

The form states that docs must be certified by solicitor so I can't use PO to do it.

I hope they do not reject my fast track SAR and just provide me that one date. Don't need to know caseworker comments and such.