ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New A2 English Language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WR1

New A2 English Language requirement

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Can't see this posted anywhere but the Government plans to increase the level of English required from A1 to A2. This will apply for both spouse visa and extensions to leave to remain applications:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... mily-route

Expected to come into effect around October 2016.

On a another note, the Government has made a blunder (which has now been corrected) by mispelling the word Language as "Langauge" considering they expect migrants to learn English, yet can't get the basic spelling correct for which they have been critised on social media:

http://news.sky.com/story/1627733/govt- ... lling-test
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Re: New A2 English Language requirement

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Maybe there is a mole in the HO or maybe it was a coded message - or even sabotage.

On the other hand the English requirements are only about speaking/listening not reading/writing let alone literacy.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:55 am

Given the fact that a spousal entry clearance requires A1 and ILR at the end of five years requires B1, requiring an A2 in the middle is only what can be seen as natural progression and not something worth assessing.

Pardon me for being Sir Nicholas...I meant, cynical,...but this seems to me to be more targeted at helping the companies that do the assessing increase their profits rather than anything meaningful, either in terms of immigration or in terms of integration.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:13 pm

IMHO we would still see the same issues arising if a spouse is unable to pass the A2 test as are evident when they fail to meet the KOLL requirement at the ILR stage. By this time many will have a child who holds or is entitled to British citizenship and removal from the UK would be untenable.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:40 am

Hi.

I need to apply for the extension of flr(m) spouse visa next month.
Can you please advise me that which date of october 2016 is home office going to implement the A2 english test requirements? I am confused that whether should I do A1 english test or A2 english test for my next month extension?
Please reply back.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:49 am

vickey123 wrote:Hi.

Can you please advise me that which date of october 2016 is home office going to implement the A2 english test requirements? I am confused that whether should I do A1 english test or A2 english test for my next month extension?
Please reply back.

Thanks
See this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1408547
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:04 am

Casa wrote:
vickey123 wrote:Hi.

Please reply back.

Thanks
See this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1408547

Thanks Casa for your reply.

I can't understand that what does it mean? Can you please explain?

Thanks and regard.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:08 am

What don't you understand? Have you clicked on the link in blue to open the thread?
(Casa, not CR001)

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:15 am

Casa wrote:What don't you understand? Have you clicked on the link in blue to open the thread?

I clicked on the link and it says "IMHO it would be wise to do so."
Please advise what does it mean?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 am

You need to read through the whole thread not just my last post.

IMHO = In my honest opinion
(Casa, not CR001)

vickey123
Newly Registered

Post by vickey123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:28 am

Casa wrote:You need to read through the whole thread not just my last post.

IMHO = In my honest opinion

ok. Thanks for your reply.

What would be wise to do A1 test or A2 test? and when home office to implement A2 text requirments in oct 2016?

Please advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:34 am

If you've read the through the thread you'll see that I posted this information from the Home Office:
"There is generally a transitional period, but this was announced in January 2016 and the statement reads:

The government recognises the need to give those affected sufficient time to prepare for the new test which is why the new requirement will not be implemented before October 2016.

This suggests that at least 10 months notification was given for applicants' preparation."

Wise to take the A2 test. No date has been announced but the change may be imminent.
(Casa, not CR001)