ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card not received

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann001
Newly Registered

BRP Card not received

Post by ann001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:14 am

Hi All,
I got my ILR approved on 29th SEP in Solihull PEO but still waiting for BRP Card. I need it urgently as I found a new job and if I don't submit it in a day or two, Ill lose my new job. Can someone please let me know if applied around same time and received same? Did it arrived via DX?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Card not received

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:15 am

BRP's are sent via DX, give them a call and see if they have something for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ann001
Newly Registered

Post by ann001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:20 am

CR001 wrote:BRP's are sent via DX, give them a call and see if they have something for you.
Calling daily but they dont have anything. Is anything I can do, Can't wait till Thursday(10 working days) to email them.
My new job is very good so don't want to lose it for this silly thing. New employer not willing to accept HO approval letter as it doesn't say anything. Moreover I need to give notice to my old employer as well :cry: :cry: :cry:

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 am

The new job (or poeple there) can't sure be that good if that's the ultimatum they give you (bring unexisting BRP or lose the offer)?

If I had the similar problem I'd tell the new job to f.o. as it's unreasonable to expect you to give something you don't yet have and have no control over.

ann001
Newly Registered

Post by ann001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:21 am

k7501 wrote:The new job (or poeple there) can't sure be that good if that's the ultimatum they give you (bring unexisting BRP or lose the offer)?

If I had the similar problem I'd tell the new job to f.o. as it's unreasonable to expect you to give something you don't yet have and have no control over.
No they are not unreasonable. I got interviewed on 15th Sep when I promised that my visa will be sorted by 1st week of Oct. They are a consultancy working on a big project. At that time, they gave me a timeframe to join max by 1st Nov and complete all paperwork by 15th OCT. Trouble is I need to give atleast 30 days notice to my old employer and I don't want to go ahead until I get Bio as I was on Tier 2.

ann001
Newly Registered

Post by ann001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:22 am

and I dont want to lose significant pay rise :D :D :D

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 am

Alrighty, see - context like this matters a lot!
It seemed as though it is all the events of the last week or two, but not a month!

In that case, why don't you allow the new employer to enquire about your immigration status using the simple form (I, bla bla, allow bla bla, to find out my status and restrictions in the uk from the home office, bla bla) and they could simply contact them and ask if that's true (that you got approved)

ann001
Newly Registered

Post by ann001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:18 pm

k7501 wrote:Alrighty, see - context like this matters a lot!
It seemed as though it is all the events of the last week or two, but not a month!

In that case, why don't you allow the new employer to enquire about your immigration status using the simple form (I, bla bla, allow bla bla, to find out my status and restrictions in the uk from the home office, bla bla) and they could simply contact them and ask if that's true (that you got approved)
Got your point. But trouble is I don't think they will bother to write to HO. Moreover getting a reply from HO in time is 'out of question' these days.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I see yeah

I found this on gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

There is no need to "write" to HO, just fill in the form and hopefully it shouldn't be a long turnaround. Worth trying at least