ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Tier 2 ICT to EU passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ornema
Newly Registered

From Tier 2 ICT to EU passport

Post by ornema » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:13 am

Hi,

I am in UK for few years with Tier 2 ICT visa. My wife and the kids are with PBS Dependant Visa.
Soon I will have EU passport.
What should I do when I get the EU passport? Is there any application I need to submit?
What about my family? Which application I need to submit for them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: From Tier 2 ICT to EU passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 am

You need to notify HO.

How did you obtain an EU passport?

Are you aware that with Brexit, there isn't enough time now to gain PR status on the EU route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 am

CR001 wrote:You need to notify HO.

Are you aware that with Brexit, there isn't enough time now to gain PR status on the EU route.
Have rules already changed or do we have any news from HO on when this is changing?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 am

poper wrote:

Have rules already changed or do we have any news from HO on when this is changing?
Article 50 likely to be invoked in March, which will start the 2 year max countdown.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:
poper wrote:

Article 50 likely to be invoked in March, which will start the 2 year max countdown.
Understand. But the government seems to be suggesting EU citizens already in the UK will not be booted. So, they should be offered some transition arrangements.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 am

poper wrote:Understand. But the government seems to be suggesting EU citizens already in the UK will not be booted. So, they should be offered some transition arrangements.
Best to have such discussions in the link below. No one knows yet about transitional (if any) provisions and what date they would be effective from.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eu-ref ... -deal-f55/
Char (CR001 not Casa)