ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP - Urgent help needed please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Singh21

FLR FP - Urgent help needed please

Post by Singh21 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Hello everyone

I would like to ask few questions in regards to flr fp application.

My wife applied flr fp application on 20th June and she has given her biometric today. I recently received my ILR so my question is, what document do I need to send to support my wife application.

I did not fill section 7 when I submit my wife application Bez I did not have ILR at that time. Please help with following question.

1. Do I need to vary her application or send additional documents.
2. Do I need to send my original passport and BRP card.
3. Do I need to complete only section 7 of the application form and send it.
4. What other documents do I need to send to home office.

Please help me before HO make decision on my wife application.

Many thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP - Urgent help needed please

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm confused. :? If you have already submitted your wife's FLR(FP) application, why are you asking what documents should be provided? These should have been sent with her application.

Why didn't she apply for FLR(M) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Casa wrote:I'm confused. :? If you have already submitted your wife's FLR(FP) application, why are you asking what documents should be provided? These should have been sent with her application.

Why didn't she apply for FLR(M) :?:
Hi Casa

Thanks for prompt reply.

I did not apply flr m for her as I did not have ILR at that time when I applied her flr fp. I did not have job for last one year but since I got my ILR based on 10 years, I have been offered a job recently for 25k. Now I need to wait for 6 months for my pay slips.

My wife first came to uk in Jan 2007 but she was out of uk for 7 month in 2014 as she went back to switch on my dependent visa category under tier 2.

Now situation is that her flr fp pending, I got ILR recently, have to wait for 6 months payslips.

the cirtumtances has been changed since I have been granted ILR so it would be good if I fill up section 7 (family life as partner) of flr fp application and send it to home office. (Just Bez she is spouse of settled person now under section 7 family life as partner)

My question is

1. What additional documents do I need to send .
2. Do I need to send my passport and brp card.

Thanks in advance to help me out

When my wife applied her flr fp application

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

It may well be too late to send them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Casa wrote:It may well be too late to send them.
Hi Casa

My wife just gave her biometric today so I believe that her case has not been gone to case worker yet.

Anyway what are the options now according to you Casa.

Thanks a lot

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:12 pm

You can only send the missing documents (including your passport) and hope for the best.

I can't tell you what documents to send as I don't know what has already been submitted.
(Casa, not CR001)

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Casa wrote:You can only send the missing documents (including your passport) and hope for the best.
Thanks Casa

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 am

if you go to a solicitor and asked them to attest your passport copy along with BRP then you send the copies over to home office with a confirmation letter from solicitor that they have seen your passport and brp then you dont need to send your original passport.

I applied for my own flr fp application but only sent my wife's british passport attested copy as she needed to travel but they did not raise any questions on my wife's passport photo copy.

aliii

Post by aliii » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 am

Singh21 wrote:Hello everyone

My wife applied flr fp application on 20th June and she has given her biometric today. I recently received my ILR so my question is, what document do I need to send to support my wife application.

I did not fill section 7 when I submit my wife application Bez I did not have ILR at that time. Please help with following question.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Singh,
Dont worry your updated details would be them when they search your wife's Partner status eventually. However, if your really want to have a piece of mind you can write a covering letter along with you Passport copy, ILR copy and filled section 7 and send it to following address. I hope you completed the FLR-FP form by ticking the right category initially. Sending these docs, wont harm anyone.

CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to
which you posted your application):
Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(FP)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
and give the following details in your letter:
• the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality.
• any Recorded or Special Delivery number.
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person.
• the Home Office reference number if you have one

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:56 am

aliii wrote:

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Singh,
Dont worry your updated details would be them when they search your wife's Partner status eventually. However, if your really want to have a piece of mind you can write a covering letter along with you Passport copy, ILR copy and filled section 7 and send it to following address. I hope you completed the FLR-FP form by ticking the right category initially. Sending these docs, wont harm anyone.

CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to
which you posted your application):
Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(FP)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
and give the following details in your letter:
• the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality.
• any Recorded or Special Delivery number.
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person.
• the Home Office reference number if you have one

Hi Bro

Thanks for your reply.
I called home office and they said that I need to send additional documents to Sheffield address as my wife acknowledgement letter came from Sheffield.
Please Advice me again

Thanks once again

aliii

Post by aliii » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 pm

You can send them to Sheffield as suggested by HO Helpline (advice that vary from person to person, you might get different advice if you call them after an hour) or you can send them to Lunar House as suggested by FLR-FP guidance. OR You can send them to both addresses OR write same covering letter to Sheffield and inform that you are doing CC to Lunar house as well to avoid confusion and vice versa.
Your choice, Best of luck.

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:46 pm

aliii wrote:You can send them to Sheffield as suggested by HO Helpline (advice that vary from person to person, you might get different advice if you call them after an hour) or you can send them to Lunar House as suggested by FLR-FP guidance. OR You can send them to both addresses OR write same covering letter to Sheffield and inform that you are doing CC to Lunar house as well to avoid confusion and vice versa.
Thanks a lot Alii

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Singh21 wrote:
aliii wrote:You can send them to Sheffield as suggested by HO Helpline (advice that vary from person to person, you might get different advice if you call them after an hour) or you can send them to Lunar House as suggested by FLR-FP guidance. OR You can send them to both addresses OR write same covering letter to Sheffield and inform that you are doing CC to Lunar house as well to avoid confusion and vice versa.
Thanks a lot Alii

Hi Alii

Could you please tell me if I need to send original passport and original BRP card.

Thanks

aliii

Post by aliii » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Coloured Copy will do the favour as HO got access on your records. Just make sure you didnt miss/skip any relevant question in the application form otherwise it can be treated/returned as uncompleted.

skyer
BANNED

Post by skyer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Many thanks in advance.
Please send all as recorded and fax them as well. This will ensure they definitely received.

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Thanks Alii and Skyer

Just want to know that how important is it to send my original passport and BRP card.

Will it make any difference. Sorry I still did not get right answer so am asking again.

Thanks all members for helping me

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:31 am

Singh21 wrote:Thanks Alii and Skyer

Just want to know that how important is it to send my original passport and BRP card.

Will it make any difference. Sorry I still did not get right answer so am asking again.

Do u have children?

If yes were they born in UK?

if yes did u apply MN1 for kids?

without kids specially british chances to get flr fp visa is very slim. Even if u send them your ILR copy they will still refuse your wife application (Thats what they did with most of the people i know).

But dont lose hope. Pray that u get a good caseworker

Dont send any thing original. It wont make any difference. U got ILR after a long journey. keep it safe.

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:39 am

Route to ILR wrote:

Do u have children?

without kids specially british chances to get flr fp visa is very slim. Even if u send them your ILR copy they will still refuse your wife application (Thats what they did with most of the people i know).

Dont send any thing original. It wont make any difference. U got ILR after a long journey. keep it safe.

Hi Bro

No I don't have kids

Thank you for your help. I will send the copy of my document then.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Singh21 wrote:
Route to ILR wrote:

Do u have children?

Hi Bro

No I don't have kids

Thank you for your help. I will send the copy of my document then.
Prepare yourself for flr m. If ur wife doesn't have english test request HO to send back her passport. Read this link for passport return or attested copy of passport to sit SELT exams.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/return- ... uage-test/

If your wife visa refused in mean time and if they give her appeal right, lodge appeal. Get 6 months wageslip and apply flr m.

Best of Luck