ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied AN1 - Confused about KOLL

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie0203
India

Applied AN1 - Confused about KOLL

Post by newbie0203 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation (AN1) based on my 5 Year Tier 1+ 1 Year ILR through NCS JCAP and submitted my application last week. While reading the forum, I came across this thread [url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 17901.html[/url]on KOLL which says, even if I have got ILR in 2015 (after 2013) based on my Masters Degree and PBS printout even then I need to submit the Degree again with Naric ELA or SoC.

I ticked the option that I have proved my Language req for settlement application after 2013.

Please correct me if thats the case as I need to act urgently as I havent even submitted my Degree certificate with my AN1 application. Even NCS staff checked with HO on phone and they said its not required as I have already proved it during my ILR application.

Please help!!

TIA,
Sach

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied AN1 - Confused about KOLL

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:49 pm

You have ticked the form correctly. If HO want to see your degree and NARIC ElA or English test, they will write to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response.

Shall I go ahead and get the Naric ELA for my foreign degree because if HO asks it during consideration I will not have enough time?

Also, Casa said on the other post that you should have either English test or Naric ELA for naturalisation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Which other post are you referring to that casa commented on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Which other post are you referring to that casa commented on?
Probably this one, where the NCS refused to accept the application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1408425
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:33 pm

[quote="Casa"][quote="CR001"]Which other post are you referring to that casa commented on?[/quote]

Probably this one, where the NCS refused to accept the application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1408425[/quote]

Hi Casa,

Do you think I will be okay by not sending any Language proofs with application and if HO asks for evidence I am planning to do B1 Cefr -> Will HO possibly consider this new evidence?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 am

newbie0203 wrote:Do you think I will be okay by not sending any Language proofs with application and if HO asks for evidence I am planning to do B1 Cefr -> Will HO possibly consider this new evidence?
It's a serious gamble, as they will probably only give you 1 week to send the evidence in. It's extremely unlikely that you will be able to book a test, sit it, receive the certificate (which comes in the post) and then send it to HO in time.