ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI docs query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anndeep

OCI docs query

Post by Anndeep » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:16 pm

I submitted my OCI application and was only asked to submit Naturalisation and Surrender certificate. Is this normal? I wasn't asked for birth certificate, school leaving certificate or cancelled Indian passport.

Secondly, how much time does it realistically take for the application to be processed?

Thanks

Anndeep

Re: OCI docs query

Post by Anndeep » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Is anyone there to assist with my queries please?

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: OCI docs query

Post by rmukherjee » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Anndeep wrote:I submitted my OCI application and was only asked to submit Naturalisation and Surrender certificate. Is this normal? I wasn't asked for birth certificate, school leaving certificate or cancelled Indian passport.

Secondly, how much time does it realistically take for the application to be processed?

Thanks
Yes it's normal. Most people who have surrendered their Indian passports after 2010 will have a surrender certificate, and they don't need anything other document (e.g. school certificate) for proof of Indian citizenship.

Best case it's 6 weeks for docs to come back from Delhi + 1-2 weeks after that for 2nd visit to VFS.