ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FM) details

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Archy007
Newly Registered

EEA (FM) details

Post by Archy007 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi,
I am a EEA citizen working in UK (permanent position) and my wife is a non-EU citizen.
I am going to send 1 common application for my registration certificate and my wife's residence card.
So, could anybody clarify if the sponsor's details ( Section 2, 12 etc) should be filled somehow or just to leave them blank.
Please, let me know as soon as it possible as I have to send the form next 2 days....
Thanks

noajthan

Re: EEA (FM) details

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Archy007 wrote:Hi,
I am a EEA citizen working in UK (permanent position) and my wife is a non-EU citizen.
I am going to send 1 common application for my registration certificate and my wife's residence card.
So, could anybody clarify if the sponsor's details ( Section 2, 12 etc) should be filled somehow or just to leave them blank.
Please, let me know as soon as it possible as I have to send the form next 2 days....
Thanks
You can't mix and match.

EEA should use form EEA(QP);
non-EEA use form EEA(FM)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Archy007
Newly Registered

Post by Archy007 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:14 pm

noajthan wrote:
Thanks
You can't mix and match.

non-EEA use form EEA(FM)
Hi noajthan,
Sorry if I am mistaken, but I don't think that it's correct, as the latest version of Application Form (06/2016) says:
"EEA(FM) Application for a registration certificate or residence card as the family member of a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national"
and it contains mixed fields to cover both situations.
I forgot to mention that my wife has EEA Family Permit (based on her EU Family Member Residence Card)
So the question about the sponsor details still stays :)
Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Archy007 wrote:
noajthan wrote:
Thanks
You can't mix and match.

non-EEA use form EEA(FM)
Hi noajthan,
Sorry if I am mistaken, but I don't think that it's correct, as the latest version of Application Form (06/2016) says:
"EEA(FM) Application for a registration certificate or residence card as the family member of a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national"
and it contains mixed fields to cover both situations.
So the question about the sponsor details still stays :)
Thank you
Yes, you are mistaken.
...as the family member of a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national
So EEA (FM) is for family members only.

Family member is main applicant.
Sponsor details (your details) go in section 2.
Result: spouse will get a RC (not you).

You can use a joint form when you get to the holy grail of PR.

Archy007
Newly Registered

Post by Archy007 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi noajthan,
Thank you very much for this detailed answer - I got it now.
In this case I will not probably send the application form for myself, as it isn't mandatory and will do it only for the spouse.
Kind regards.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Archy007 wrote:Hi noajthan,
Thank you very much for this detailed answer - I got it now.
In this case I will not probably send the application form for myself, as it isn't mandatory and will do it only for the spouse.
Kind regards.
If you have ambitions for privilege of citizenship you will eventually need a DCPR.

In the meantime, with all this wild talk of Brexit, it may be wise to secure yourself a RC;
any transitional arrangements for Union citizens (yet TBC) may depend on possession of a RC.

Archy007
Newly Registered

Post by Archy007 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi,
I thought that it could be helpful too, but will it be a problem if I send my application for certificate on a later stage (in 1 month)?
We have to proceed my wife's application ASAP, so I don't want to waste time now.
Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 pm

I thought that it could be helpful too, but will it be a problem if I send my application for certificate on a later stage (in 1 month)?
We have to proceed my wife's application ASAP, so I don't want to waste time now.
Thank you.
The applications can be made separately as long as you can overcome any difficulty due to same documents/evidence being required for both.

Archy007
Newly Registered

Post by Archy007 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:29 pm

OK, great. Thank you