ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my tier2 extension has been refused because of missing numbe

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adam2016
Newly Registered

my tier2 extension has been refused because of missing numbe

Post by adam2016 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:54 pm

hi , i need help of someone could guide me , will be greatly thankful
i am a doctor working in one of the general hospitasl under tier 2 visa and i wanted to get a new job with another hospital
then i applied for extension of my tier 2 with new cos from the new hospital and heath insurance .

but my application has been refused because they didn't find the universal reference number of the advertise of the job , which supposed to be done by the hospital HR responsible , although i had a maintenance and proper salary .

what should i do ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: my tier2 extension has been refused because of missing n

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 pm

I guess you have to speak with the HR and ensure the reference number is available. Request for a new COS and make a fresh application. It is not the fault of the case worker if the reference number was not provided so you might not be able to challenge the rejection.
Submitting a new application looks like the way to go but obviously, you have to ensure all the required documents and information are provided

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:39 am

What kind of visa did you apply for? Was it tier 2 extension or for a fresh tier 2 Visa?

You should have applied for a new tier 2 visa since you were changing employers. Tier 2 Extension can only be used if you are with the same employer and want to keep working for them.

The new company should have done a proper RLMT before issuing you a COS.

adam2016
Newly Registered

Post by adam2016 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:22 pm

thanks naval 123 , for your replay , actually i applied for extension that is because i didnot find option for new visa as my current is still valid , r u sure about this , plz tell me , because i am going to apply for a new visa during the grace period
another q : if i applied for administrative review during the period i am waiting for the new cos to be issued , does this buys me time until the administrative review result appears , and does this make my grace period starts from the date when i get the result or not

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:25 am

If you are switching employer or your job role is changing, then you need to apply as a new applicant. The new employer will have to do an RLMT properly.
You cannot use tier 2 Extension application. Go to UKVI website and apply online. dont use the extend application link button. Moderators may be able to help with this more.

The second question is a bit more complex and some one with experience (an admin here) can elaborate more on that. From what I know you can use Administrative review to increase your time to apply for a new application. Once you have a new COS you can apply again straight away. But I think if you are doing an administrative review and your Tier 2 visa has expired then you cannot work for the employer. I think the grace period will start after administrative review decision has come back. But you need to apply for administrative review within 14 days of your application rejection.

I would suggest you wait for a moderator on this forum to validate my answers.

adam2016
Newly Registered

Post by adam2016 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:30 pm

thanks naval for your help and i would like to clarify my question again as any one can help me

1- i have tier2 visa valid untill april 2017 but my contract will be finishing on 31 October , so i think it must be considered expire on this day .

2- i got new cos and applied two weeks ago and it has been refused and i have time until 16 of October to make adminstrative review , during this time i would have mew cos on 20 November

3- i want to change my employer (hospital) to another one and another specialty .

my qs are :

1- if applied for administrative review which is most likely to be refused because old cos was missing job number , do the grace period start from the refusal date for example 7 November so i gain some time and do i have the right to apply again by fresh cos or not ?

2- which type of i need of tier 2 ( extension or new application ) considering that i am already in the uk ?

3- do i need restricted cos like the previous one or non restricted ?

4- i had dependent before , and i need to make it again , does this matters ?

.......plz i need help from the moderators or any one have experience in such situation

adam2016
Newly Registered

Post by adam2016 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 am

up

Kazi Taslima Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Kazi Taslima Ahmed » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:59 am

Hi,
My scenerio is exactly same.I am also a doctor and my Tier 2 VISA was also refused as because new employer did not mention Universal job match advertise reference number.I have resigned from my previous hospital and last working day was 30th September,2016.I was issued a new unrestricted COS. I have got similar questions like adam2016. Can anyone answer please.