ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving abroad after application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danielvmn
Newly Registered

Moving abroad after application

Post by danielvmn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 am

Hello All,

I'm completing my 5+1 years in UK and will send my application in the end of October.

I have a very good job offer in another EU country and am really keen on accepting, the problem the latest I can start is the end of November.

Is it possible for me to send my application and move as soon as I send my biometrics? As I researched it usually takes around 2-3 weeks for the request for these.

Then when my invitation arrives I would come back to the UK for the ceremony. The problem is that I would be living abroad, so I don't know if they could send the invitation to an EU address or to a friend's address in UK.

Does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Moving abroad after application

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:34 am

Have you read the AN form? There's a question which asks where you intend to make your home once you are granted British citizenship.

At the end of the form there is a declaration you must sign to affirm you have been entirely truthful in the application.

I suspect if you write "Netherlands", some questions may be asked. Conversely, if you write UK (this is the only answer they expect) and then ask them to send the ceremony invitation letter to NL, they might also be a bit suspicious.

At least one member on here wrote New Zealand in that box. He got a letter from UKVI saying his application had been passed to a senior caseworker as the person originally dealing it had never seen an application which had anything other than UK written in that box. I'm not sure if it was refused or not, but the post is in the "Unsuccessful naturalisation applications" thread.

danielvmn
Newly Registered

Re: Moving abroad after application

Post by danielvmn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:41 am

ohara wrote:Have you read the AN form? There's a question which asks where you intend to make your home once you are granted British citizenship.

At the end of the form there is a declaration you must sign to affirm you have been entirely truthful in the application.

I suspect if you write "Netherlands", some questions may be asked. Conversely, if you write UK (this is the only answer they expect) and then ask them to send the ceremony invitation letter to NL, they might also be a bit suspicious.

At least one member on here wrote New Zealand in that box. He got a letter from UKVI saying his application had been passed to a senior caseworker as the person originally dealing it had never seen an application which had anything other than UK written in that box. I'm not sure if it was refused or not, but the post is in the "Unsuccessful naturalisation applications" thread.
Hi ohara, thanks for the reply, I don't really intend to settle abroad, I do have intention to come back to the UK, the role I was offered was as a contractor, so it's temporary.

But thanks anyway for the perspective.