ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn travelling to home country without UK visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Newborn travelling to home country without UK visa

Post by chattokhan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't find any relevant post in the forum.

We are currently staying in the UK on a Tier-2 General visa which is valid until 2018. My wife and our 3 months old baby have to travel to their home country urgently. Baby has got the non-British passport and her Tier-2 Dependent visa has already been applied. We don't expect to receive it any time before end of November 2016. Can baby travel to home country without UK visa? I'll also be travelling back home once baby's visa has arrived.

Thank you
A.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Newborn travelling to home country without UK visa

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:45 pm

chattokhan wrote:Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't find any relevant post in the forum.

We are currently staying in the UK on a Tier-2 General visa which is valid until 2018. My wife and our 3 months old baby have to travel to their home country urgently. Baby has got the non-British passport and her Tier-2 Dependent visa has already been applied. We don't expect to receive it any time before end of November 2016. Can baby travel to home country without UK visa? I'll also be travelling back home once baby's visa has arrived.

Thank you
A.
There should be no problem travelling to your home country assuming the non-british passport your baby has is for your home country. You would however NOT be able to bring your baby back into the UK without a valid BRP. I am assuming where you are saying that "you would travel back home" you mean you will collect the BRP in the UK and bring your baby back afterwards.

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Re: Newborn travelling to home country without UK visa

Post by chattokhan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:12 pm

@gag285 Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I'll be travelling back home with baby's visa so that she could travel back to the UK with us. Yes, non-British passport is for the country she is travelling to.