ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dealing with Delay in processing time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swatisood218
Newly Registered

Dealing with Delay in processing time

Post by swatisood218 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi All

My husband and I have applied for a T2 extension (Main + dependent) from within the UK with the following timeline. It's been more than 10 weeks and we have neither received a decision nor any communication from the UKVI. We called them twice but they mentioned that they cannot tell us anything except that the visa is "processing". We are bamboozled as to how long we will have to wait before we get a BRP. Ours is a simple application with no mitigating circumstances at all !!

Has anyone had a similar experience this year? I'm not sure whether this is just a general delay!

1.Type of application: T2 Extension
2.Date of expiry of Current Leave: Feb 2017
3.No. of dependants applying at the same time: 1
4.Date application posted: 30th July 2016
5.Method and Date paymnet made: Online Application / 30th July 2016
6.Date of application received at UKVI: 2nd Aug 2016
7.Payment mode: Debit Card
8.Biometric Letter received: 8th Aug 2016
9.Date of Biometric enrolment: 11th Aug 2016
10.Decision Letter: not received yet.
11.Passports: not received yet.
12.New BRP: not received yet.

Any help appreciated.

timbo88
Newly Registered

Re: Dealing with Delay in processing time

Post by timbo88 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 am

I'm not an expert on extensions, but it appears you've gone through all the appropriate steps. I'd keep calling and emailing everyday until they come back to you. It sped things up for me when I was waiting on a decision (ultimately got rejected) in August. I'm sure they're just reviewing it still otherwise they'd have asked for more information if they needed it.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:52 pm

I have a similar timeline just a week ahead whilst I am awaiting a decision on my daughter's Tier 2 dependent visa application. I was expecting this would arrive latest by early Oct but no news yet. I was expecting it would be a simple process. :(

Tina16
India

Post by Tina16 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:09 pm

They took 7/8 weeks to make a decision now a days. Last time i received the decision exactly on 8 weeks !

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:54 pm

My daughter's BRP arrived this afternoon. Hope yours does do!

swatisood218
Newly Registered

Post by swatisood218 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 pm

timbo88 wrote:I'm not an expert on extensions, but it appears you've gone through all the appropriate steps. I'd keep calling and emailing everyday until they come back to you. It sped things up for me when I was waiting on a decision (ultimately got rejected) in August. I'm sure they're just reviewing it still otherwise they'd have asked for more information if they needed it.
Sorry to hear that. Why did yours get rejected though? Did the UKVI ask for more information? What reason did they give?! Did you re-apply!?

swatisood218
Newly Registered

Post by swatisood218 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:55 pm

gag285 wrote:My daughter's BRP arrived this afternoon. Hope yours does do!
Great! Can you please post your timeline?!

bonrajee
Newly Registered

Post by bonrajee » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:32 pm

timbo88 wrote:I'm not an expert on extensions, but it appears you've gone through all the appropriate steps. I'd keep calling and emailing everyday until they come back to you. It sped things up for me when I was waiting on a decision (ultimately got rejected) in August. I'm sure they're just reviewing it still otherwise they'd have asked for more information if they needed it.
Please could you tell who should we email to?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:19 pm

swatisood218 wrote:Hi All

My husband and I have applied for a T2 extension (Main + dependent) from within the UK with the following timeline. It's been more than 10 weeks and we have neither received a decision nor any communication from the UKVI. We called them twice but they mentioned that they cannot tell us anything except that the visa is "processing". We are bamboozled as to how long we will have to wait before we get a BRP. Ours is a simple application with no mitigating circumstances at all !!

Has anyone had a similar experience this year? I'm not sure whether this is just a general delay!

Any help appreciated.

A friend of mine has a similar issue with a similar time line. He applied in July and the process went as far as biometric enrolment about same time as yours. He's yet to get a feedback on his application. I think all the appications submitted in July (after Brexit) fell into peak period and there might be load of backlog since then. I wil encourage you to wait for anotheer 1- 2 weeks and then contact the UKVI for update.

2911ChUm
Newly Registered

Post by 2911ChUm » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 am

Hi,

Its the same situation with me, I had applied for the extension with 3 dependants on 30 July. Biometrics was done on 08th August. I had called the home office helpline thrice but no positive response. They just mention that the decision is still pending but i don't know how long do i need to wait.
Can anyone suggest me how to apply them for faster decision?

Thanks

kaleem002
Newly Registered

Post by kaleem002 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 pm

swatisood218 wrote:Hi All

Any help appreciated.

Hello
Swati, Did you receive any reply for your application?
I applied on 2nd of August and did my biometrics 14th August, since than I didn't receive any response from home office. It was tier 2 extension with one dependent. I've called couple of time UKBA to find out but they only says, its still under consideration and nothing.

Is there anyone you are facing similar issues?

Your immediate responses would be really appreciated.

Thank -
Khan

kaleem002
Newly Registered

Post by kaleem002 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:35 pm

2911ChUm wrote:Hi,

Its the same situation with me, I had applied for the extension with 3 dependants on 30 July. Biometrics was done on 08th August. I had called the home office helpline thrice but no positive response. They just mention that the decision is still pending but i don't know how long do i need to wait.
Can anyone suggest me how to apply them for faster decision?

Thanks
Hi,

Did you receive any update yet about your application? I have a similar issue and I applied with one dependent on 2nd August and did Biometrics on 14 August, Still waiting for the decision.

Thanks

swatisood218
Newly Registered

Post by swatisood218 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:29 pm

We got our BRPs today - but still awaiting passports. We didn't get a decision letter! Hope everyone gets their visa soon! Happy Diwali :)

catchchaitu
Newly Registered

Post by catchchaitu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:49 am

Have you received your passport also both BRP and passport delivered by same courier i.e DX ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:55 am

Passports and BRPs are delivered separately for security reasons.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.