ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Life in the UK" test from 2012

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deewee
Newly Registered

"Life in the UK" test from 2012

Post by deewee » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi... me again.

I have another question concerning my wife's naturalisation stuff:

She took the "Life in the UK" test in 2012 (that's what you call forward thinking!!!! :D ). She now has her NCS appointment next week to start the process as wife of a BC (=me). AFAIK, we have all paperwork together, I just want to make sure...

As far as I understood (and found through google), the "Life in the UK" test does not expire and is still valid (compared to the language test she did in 202 as well - which is not longer valid)... correct?

Thank you in advance

Deewee

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: "Life in the UK" test from 2012

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:10 pm

The LIUK test has no expiry date, but are you aware that your wife will also require B1 level English?.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

deewee
Newly Registered

Post by deewee » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:49 pm

Brilliant - thank you!

yes - she passed the B1 @ Trinity College 2 weeks ago. Thanks for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:49 pm

You're welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.