ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application from Tier 1 - English Language Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MagicMovies
India

ILR Application from Tier 1 - English Language Requirements

Post by MagicMovies » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Hello,

I am about to file for my ILR application and I am confused. I have the Life in the UK pass certificate. I have my degree certificate, transcripts and a certificate stating that my degree was taught in English. I am from India.

Now, based on the sticky topic, http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html I understand that I have to either
- an English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 level (C2 > C1 > B2 > B1), or
- a degree taught or researched in English.

Since, I am not exempt and my education is from outside UK, I need to apply for the NARIC statement.

So, my question while applying in the website is should I be opting for

English Language Assessment
OR
Visa and Nationality Service
OR
Should I be applying for both?

Please advice.

Thanks for your time.

MagicMovies
India

Re: ILR Application from Tier 1 - English Language Requireme

Post by MagicMovies » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello,

I spoke with the UKVI team and got confirmation that you need to apply for the Visa and Nationality Service. That will include both the UK NARIC Education assessment (which was not needed for me since I had submitted my degree certificate as part of my successful Tier 1 application) AND the English Language Assessment confirming that my degree was indeed taught in English.

This is for the benefit of anyone else who is in the same boat as me.

Thanks,