ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting docs validity. Please help...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Supporting docs validity. Please help...

Post by shaunross23 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:02 am

Hi,

Can someone please explain the '28 day rule' for Spouse Visa applications? My wife and I will be applying from her home country (Taiwan) and we aren't sure if this still applies to applications made outside the UK?

Also is there a validity requirement for household bills? My live in landlord organises all of the bills and so the utility bill documentation is in his name. Is that acceptable? The document is also older than 3 months. Is that ok?

Do I also need to submit a copy of my landlord's passport as evidence of occupancy within the property? And with any passport copies sent, do they need to be certified and by whom? Also is every page required or just the photo page with the actual information?

Many thanks,
Shaun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting docs validity. Please help...

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:05 pm

shaunross23 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please explain the '28 day rule' for Spouse Visa applications? My wife and I will be applying from her home country (Taiwan) and we aren't sure if this still applies to applications made outside the UK? 6 months bank statements and payslips, the most recent of which must not be older than 28 days.

Also is there a validity requirement for household bills? My live in landlord organises all of the bills and so the utility bill documentation is in his name. Is that acceptable? The document is also older than 3 months. Is that ok? Why would you submit utility bills that are not in your name?? Tenancy agreement and letter from landlord should suffice. You will also likely need a property inspection report if you share the property with other people.

Do I also need to submit a copy of my landlord's passport as evidence of occupancy within the property? NO!

And with any passport copies sent, do they need to be certified and by whom? Also is every page required or just the photo page with the actual information? Every page, biometric page I think needs to be certified. Post Office can do this for a small fee.

Many thanks,
Shaun
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:18 am

shaunross23 wrote:...And with any passport copies sent, do they need to be certified and by whom? Also is every page required or just the photo page with the actual information?
I was just re-reading the guidelines today and came across this:
"From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document."

Hope that helps. It is from FLR_M__guidance_notes_11-15.pdf found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm

Good luck.

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 pm

We are not applying for FLR(M). It is a 'Family of a Settled Person' visa we are applying for. Does this make a difference?

Also with the 28 day rule, is it 28 days from the point we pay for the application?

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 pm

shaunross23 wrote:We are not applying for FLR(M). It is a 'Family of a Settled Person' visa we are applying for. Does this make a difference? Yes. Certified copy of passport required.

Also with the 28 day rule, is it 28 days from the point we pay for the application? Yes

Thanks!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:43 pm

So just so I am clear:

Is the post office ok to certify my passport?

Do I need to provide and certify every page (of both my old and current passport) or just the biometric page?

Thanks