ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation ack/approval letter has same reference?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naazz

Naturalisation ack/approval letter has same reference?

Post by naazz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,
Do naturalisation acknowledgement letter and approval letter have same reference number or they come up with different reference number??

i have not received my approval letter yet but i wanted to call up local council and ask if they have received the information or not but they will ask for a reference number and i was wondering if both acknowledgement and approval letter have the same reference numbers?
If yes is the the Case Reference number or Our Reference Number?

Thanks

mkh05r

Re: Naturalisation ack/approval letter has same reference?

Post by mkh05r » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:12 am

Hi, I see you applied in July. I did too. Isn't it a bit early to enquire. I thought decision may take 6 months, and we cannot enquire before that.
naazz wrote:Hi everyone,
Do naturalisation acknowledgement letter and approval letter have same reference number or they come up with different reference number??

i have not received my approval letter yet but i wanted to call up local council and ask if they have received the information or not but they will ask for a reference number and i was wondering if both acknowledgement and approval letter have the same reference numbers?
If yes is the the Case Reference number or Our Reference Number?

Thanks

naazz

Post by naazz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:26 am

i am asking about the reference number council ask when you ring them up to book your ceremony.
Certainly council will not have the progress of my application but they will have it in the system if the application was successful.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:26 am

If the council have received details of ur certificate, certainly you would have received the approval letter by then, unless you think you have your address changed/or your approval letter getting lost in transit.

In my opinion it is of no use. Just to answer your question they are different, ur application reference number and the approval reference number are different.

Cheers,
-Senthil

naazz

Post by naazz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 am

spzenthil wrote:If the council have received details of ur certificate, certainly you would have received the approval letter by then, unless you think you have your address changed/or your approval letter getting lost in transit.

In my opinion it is of no use. Just to answer your question they are different, ur application reference number and the approval reference number are different.

Cheers,
-Senthil

Thanks alot

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:17 am

naazz wrote:i am asking about the reference number council ask when you ring them up to book your ceremony.
Certainly council will not have the progress of my application but they will have it in the system if the application was successful.
In my case, when I rang the registration office for booking the ceremony, they just asked my last name and found my details in their system. But again you do need an invitation letter to attend the ceremony so in any case you need to wait for the approval/invitation letter from HO.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Mate

Just let you know that in UK when you arrive and extend your 1st visa after entry clearance the reference number is issued so that same reference number goes ahead with your all applications. Even on Naturalisation Certificate the same reference number is printed. Even if you have any dependant so he or she has same reference number.

Thank
Regards
Kashif

naazz

Post by naazz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 am

Dear All,

Just to let everyone know that everyone is wrong here, i received my naturalization certificate and i checked against the references sent my homeoffice. The reference number on your bio metric letter starting with an alphabet (in my case R127..........) is the same reference number on your approval letter.

Thank you