ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i banned from entering?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oddone
Newly Registered

Am i banned from entering?

Post by oddone » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:02 pm

hi there all,

i was student in uk. I was denied visa extension in 2014 base on 5 year cap. I appealed and i received my unsuccessful decision on november 11 2014. I was taking an advice from a student lawyer at that time who acted as my consular, but all application was done by my name.

After the decision from first tribunal, i went to him and he lodged an appeal or a permission to appeal to upper tribunal on his advice. He gave me false hope that my case was strong.

After waiting for months without reply, i decided to leave uk voluntarily by calling voluntary removal service. I booked tickets on my own expense and send them details and my intenstion to leave uk. When talking with the voluntary removal team, i told them that i want to withdraw any pending appeals. i think they said it will be done by them.

Then i left uk on april 12 2015.

Right now i want to apply on a spouse visa to uk ( my wife is a british citizen). I have prepared every needed application papers.

The only thing bothering me is the second permission to appeal letter.

I think i did apply for second appeal, cause i didnot want to be overstayer. However i donot have any evidence with me of the second appeal which i made.

I have the information and reference of the first tribunal decision cause i recieved the decision. My second appeal was pending when i left. And i donot have anything with me about the second appeal.

Will tribunal have records about the appeal? or had i not made any appeal will i be banned? i have doubt but i think i made second appeal as well.

please help. im confused. my wife is working heavy hours just to meet income requirements. im worried if this issue will make my application invalid..

thanks guys, share your thoughts

noajthan

Re: Am i banned from entering?

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Request a SAR from UKVI to see what is on file about you in HO databanks.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

oddone
Newly Registered

Post by oddone » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 pm

noajthan wrote:Request a SAR from UKVI to see what is on file about you in HO databanks.

hi, i looked for sar in ukvi website. It looks like i have to fill a form and apply which looks unlikely since i am outside uk atm. It says i have to sign document. And it looks like a lenghty process. How long does it take to get a reply? is there anyother way, like online so that i can apply from here>? thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:31 pm

oddone wrote:
noajthan wrote:Request a SAR from UKVI to see what is on file about you in HO databanks.

hi, i looked for sar in ukvi website. It looks like i have to fill a form and apply which looks unlikely since i am outside uk atm. It says i have to sign document. And it looks like a lenghty process. How long does it take to get a reply? is there anyother way, like online so that i can apply from here>? thanks
That's as good as it gets.
Service target is 10 days. Your mileage may vary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.