ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Questions and Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aghayevi

Post by aghayevi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:43 am

Hi, there is a question in a spouse visa 'Are you intend to work?'. Is it better to answer 'Yes' or 'No'?
If 'Yes' what type of arguments is good to provide?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa question about work

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:22 am

Just yes will suffice. Does it ask for a justification?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aghayevi

Post by aghayevi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:47 pm

yes, it asks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:57 pm

aghayevi wrote:yes, it asks.
Are you sure it asks the applicant to justify why they do or don't want to work? In other words...to give a reason? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aghayevi

Transactions in bank statements to demonstrate finances

Post by aghayevi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Good evening,

I am preparing papers for my wife's spouse visa. For financial requrement i am going to enclose 6 months payslips and bank statements with paid-in salaries covering same period of time.
I have an american express (amex) charge card which i use frequently for my typical daily charges to gather points. Therefore, in my bank statement there are no much typical pay-outs daily such as supermarket, fuel, oyster payments, instead it shows once a twice a month american express bil pay-outs.
Could that be a problem? Do, i have to enclose amex transactions with my bank statements as well or they don't really need/look to pay-outs. Is it better to stop using amex and use debit card to have good looking bank statement during next few months?

Please advice,

Thank you !

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Transactions in bank statements to demonstrate finances

Post by michali » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:41 am

As long as you show your salary being paid in that confirms your payslips, there is no need to show your outgoing payments. Many people use separate accounts to manage their finances and UKVI are only interested in your income.

aghayevi

Re: Transactions in bank statements to demonstrate finances

Post by aghayevi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you !

aghayevi

My Wife's surname change

Post by aghayevi » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:42 am

My surname is SHAKHOV. I married abroad, in Ukraine, in the country where my wife is from.
My surname in our marriage certificate is in Ukrainian. My wife has changed her surname and now is applying for a new passport. She was told that her surname in the passport will be translated by computer program from ukrainian to english as SHAHOVA. Could that be a problem when we will apply for a spouse visa? Thank u

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: My Wife's surname change

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 pm

i think you have to stick to one way of writing your name. always just one way ..what you get in your passport will be everywhere...
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

aghayevi

annual mortgage statement as proof of accomodation

Post by aghayevi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Is it necessary to include annual mortgage statement as proof of accomodation ownership when applying for spouse visa. If so, what does it proves?
Isn't it enough just copy of land registry + council tax/bills?

aghayevi

change job after applying for a spouse visa

Post by aghayevi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi there,
I am going to apply for my wife's visa soon, currently I am a P.A.Y.E. employee and for financial requirements I am going to quality to Category A. I am working 6 months so far for my current employer but once we apply i want to change a job cause i have a better offer.
My question, is it better to stay and continue working for the same employer during the visa consideration period or it's ok to change?

Thanks in advance !

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: change job after applying for a spouse visa

Post by asif_sharif » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:07 pm

i would stay with your current employer
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: change job after applying for a spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 am

If you change employers during the consideration period you will complicate the application.

1. If the HO contacts Employer No 1 and they advise that you are no longer employed, you risk a refusal.

2. Your application under Category A would no longer be valid. It would be Category B.

3. You were required to submit a letter from your current employer confirming that your employment is continuing.

IMHO, better to stay put for now and wait until your application has been approved and your wife has joined you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aghayevi

Whatsapp screenshots

Post by aghayevi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Good evening,

Recently, I was recommended by one immigration consultant that it is much better to include whatsapp screenshots for spouse visa application than chat printouts.

He said, it looks more realistic and less like a fraud.

If i do whatsapp screenshots is it better to do same text in both parties to make it look more realstic?

Thanks

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Whatsapp screenshots

Post by ranchers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 am

I got refused because of whatsapp they didnt recognise both of my skype and whastapp screenshots. They said whatsApp doesnt show any name itself on it so cant be proved its yours.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:57 pm

ranchers wrote:I got refused because of whatsapp they didnt recognise both of my skype and whastapp screenshots. They said whatsApp doesnt show any name itself on it so cant be proved its yours.
If it can be proved that the phone numbers belong to the applicant and sponsor i can't see a reason for not believing the whatsapp chat. I remember only submitting whatsapp screenshots and letter from both mobile provider here in UK and in pakistan to confirm numbers in question do actually belong to me and my wife.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ranchers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi. Where Its on screenshot. Your number wont appear. It states Whatsapp itself on screen ..thats it...refusal letter states whatsapp wont show your name so how can you this is your whatsapp

aghayevi

Spouse visa birth certificate

Post by aghayevi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:25 pm

I am an naturalized british citizen, my wife is Ukrainian national. My question - do i need to include a copy of my birth certificate and it's translation when we apply for spouse visa? At the moment, I think i need to include only copy of my passport.
Does my wife needs to include copy of her birth certificate and the translation?

Thanks in advance,
Imran

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa birth certificate

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 pm

aghayevi wrote:I am an naturalized british citizen, my wife is Ukrainian national. My question - do i need to include a copy of my birth certificate and it's translation when we apply for spouse visa? At the moment, I think i need to include only copy of my passport.
Does my wife needs to include copy of her birth certificate and the translation?

Thanks in advance,
Imran
No to both. I would suggest however that you submit a certified copy of your passport. The Post Office offer this service
(Casa, not CR001)

cosak
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa birth certificate

Post by cosak » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:54 pm

hi imran,
i am in the same boat as you. my wife is also ukrainian and we also about apply for her spouse visa. will the post office certified copies be accepted by the embassy? cheers, Saeed

aghayevi

Post by aghayevi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:39 pm

I am preparing docs for a spouse visa, as for accomodation i own the flat and paying mortgage.
I print land registry title deed stating my name, printed archived sale ad from zoopla.co.uk, attaching council tax, electricity/gas and water utility bill. Do i need to include anything else (for example: ground rent bill, property insurance bill, mortgage statement) or this is sufficient ?
I spoke to one solicitor, he told me that attaching things such as mortgage statement is not necessary.
Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa accomodation

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:00 pm

Mortgage statement advisable as belt & braces
(Casa, not CR001)

aghayevi

Post by aghayevi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:12 pm

thanks for the reply - but i receive only annual mortgage statements once a year,
for example for year 2016 i will receive it in the first week of january.
I plan to apply at the end of november, shall i rang the bank and ask them to send me last 6 or 12 month mortgage statement report?

What would you advice?

aghayevi

spouse visa copy of national insurance card

Post by aghayevi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi there, as part of the spouse visa supporting documents shall i include the copy of my insurance card. If so, shall i certify the copy in Post office ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Just an updated statement, although if you have the title deeds I don't see that it's essential.
(Casa, not CR001)