ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Working outside of the UK while on FLR(M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chatty1986
Newly Registered

Post by chatty1986 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:34 pm

Hello forum,

Keen to get some support on this question. I'll try and keep this short.

My partner is a British citizen and I have just received my FLR(M). I wanted to know what the possibility of me working outside of the UK was? my partner would move with me as well.

a. Is it mandatory that we are salaried in the UK and pay taxes here for the next 2.5 years of my FLR?
b. I understand it is important to prove that we are together and we intend to live in the UK. We would obviously live together and provide necessary evidence for that but though we intend to eventually live in the UK, it's hard to prove that when we initially live abroad.

If similar questions were raised earlier, please redirect me to the right thread.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:31 am

Why did you apply for FLR(M) if you were moving?

Depending on how long you live abroad, you will likely have to start the whole spouse visa again from scratch with a new 5 year qualifying period to ILR and meet whatever the requirements are at that time. You won't be able to extend your visa from abroad. You won't qualify for ILR if you have not/do not live in the UK.

Whether you can work in another country is dependent on what their visa requirements are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chatty1986
Newly Registered

Post by chatty1986 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks CR001. Looking forward to hearing other people's responses too and especially from anybody who dealt with a similar situation.

My intention of course is to stay in the country over the long term but the current job market in the UK (Brexit, etc) is making life uncertain for many (well, at least for me). So I suppose its fair for me to consider opportunities overseas even if for a small period but to eventually return to the UK.

Thanks.