ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A1 or A2 for FLR Extentsion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

A1 or A2 for FLR Extentsion

Post by huqqapani » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:54 am

I am confused with advice on this matter. My wife has A1 certificate which she passed at time of FLR M initial application.
Now she is due for extension and can apply from tomorrow onwards, does she need A2 or as the date is not announced and FLR M extension form has not been updated she can use A1.

Please confirm the requirements. if she needs A2, what centre/s can she go for test (we live in Derby) which will be acceptable by HO.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: A1 or A2 for FLR Extentsion

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:00 am

The HO statement in January gave 'no earlier than October 2016' for introduction of the A2 level English requirement.

As no date has been confirmed and the FLR(M) form hasn't yet been updated, your wife will be fine with her A1 test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 am

Casa, thanks for reply, its just that a reply from CR001 on the post (no. 2) below says it needs to be A2 from October 2016 had me confused.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 18268.html

Also, how many payslips I need to send through for the extension application please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:17 am

huqqapani wrote:Casa, thanks for reply, its just that a reply from CR001 on the post (no. 2) below says it needs to be A2 from October 2016 had me confused.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 18268.html

Also, how many payslips I need to send through for the extension application please?
If you read my posts further down in the link, I have stated that there is no set date yet and provided the link to the announcement from the beginning of the year!!

You need to submit 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:29 am

CR001, thanks for clarification.

One more question if I may, when and how to pay NHS surcharge please? I plan to post the application in couple of days

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 am

and also whether i can apply for extension online and if it is better/quicker/easier option than posting.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:30 pm

hi just bumping this up again.
Can someone please share whether online application is allowed for FLR M extension apps and which (based on forum users experiences) service is better.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:51 pm

If you are applying not applying in person at a PSC it is a PAPER APPLICATION ONLY.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Casa wrote:If you are applying not applying in person at a PSC it is a PAPER APPLICATION ONLY.
My post must have been invisible :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:If you are applying not applying in person at a PSC it is a PAPER APPLICATION ONLY.
My post must have been invisible :shock:
#SpecSavers :?:
(Casa, not CR001)