ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Work Start Date for new employer/sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

balli
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing Work Start Date for new employer/sponsor

Post by balli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm

I have applied for switching my Tier 2 General Visa to new employer. It was in personal appointment. I have received approval same day. I'm waiting to receive new BRP to be delivered. When my visa was applied start date on COS was mentioned say 15 Dec 2016.

I'm negotiating my leaving date with current employer. They want me to stay for 4 months. If my new employer is ok with this date,

Questions:
What are UKBA rules for changing a start date?
Can I have start date changed to 1 March 2017?

balli
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing employer - Urgent

Post by balli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Urgent, Can immigration gurus please help?

I'm already on Tier 2 General since 2014. I'm switching my employer. I applied for visa with new employer's COS on first week October 2016. When I applied for visa my start date on COS was 1 Nov 2016. Visa was approved same day. Now I'm waiting for BRP.

My current employer want me to stay till 28 Feb 2017 to serve notice period. My new employer is ok to change my joining date.

Is it possible to join at later date(1 March 2017) than what was mentioned in COS while applying for visa(1 Nov 2016)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Work Start Date for new employer/sponsor

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:41 am

Stop tagging your question onto other members thread and please don't dig up over 2 year old topics.

Multiple Posts (click)

When someone is available and willing to offer advice, I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.