ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Objection to registration of British citizenship for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

INDILR
Newly Registered

Objection to registration of British citizenship for child

Post by INDILR » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:34 am

Hi Gurus,

I have the following query.

Me and my wife are on ILR and both are eligible for British citizenship. Our child is born in UK and 4 years old and is also eligible for British citizenship.

I am now relocating to my native county in South Asia and have decided not to apply for British citizenship at present. My wife has decided to stay back in UK with our child as she does not want to relocate.

I do not want my child to be registered as British citizen. Is there anyway I can communicate this objection to the relevant department of British Government, so that even if my wife files an application without intimating me, it is refused?

vinny

Re: Objection to registration of British citizenship for chi

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:42 am

Your child is entitled to register. Your lack of consent is not a reason for a refusal (8.6).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:27 am

INDILR wrote:I am now relocating to my native county in South Asia and have decided not to apply for British citizenship at present.
You do of course realise that ILR is lost if you live outside the UK for 2 or more years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

INDILR
Newly Registered

Post by INDILR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

I understand that my ILR is only valid for 2 years and will be lost if I do not come back. But I would not like to register my child as a British citizen.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:25 pm

INDILR wrote:I understand that my ILR is only valid for 2 years and will be lost if I do not come back. But I would not like to register my child as a British citizen.
You don't have the entitlement to block the registration of your child, as has already been advised in this thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Your child has an entitlement to register until the age of 18, they can do it themselves if they so wish (and can cough up the fee).

The only person who can realistically block the application is the Home Secretary - currently this is Amber Rudd. You could send her an email but I imagine your request to block your child from something they are entitled to under UK law will not be entertained.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/amber-rudd

https://www.amberrudd.co.uk/contact