ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k7501

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:15 pm

So today's post has come and officially they did not keep the promise of having it ready by the end of this week. Afraid that I will have to start counting months. This is painful. Having waited for 3.5 months in 2014, I remeber the feeling very well, it was a torture that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Reading some of your 6+ month stories gives me chills

Edit: wrote to the MP, who invited me for a workshop. As I live in a council where 50+% of population is non-British, I can imagine that the attention will be somewhat spread out and isn't worth it, it's not the legal advice that I am seeking

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Post by umerahmed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:53 pm

k7501 wrote:So today's post has come and officially they did not keep the promise of having it ready by the end of this week. Afraid that I will have to start counting months. This is painful. Having waited for 3.5 months in 2014, I remeber the feeling very well, it was a torture that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Reading some of your 6+ month stories gives me chills

Edit: wrote to the MP, who invited me for a workshop. As I live in a council where 50+% of population is non-British, I can imagine that the attention will be somewhat spread out and isn't worth it, it's not the legal advice that I am seeking

Hi K7501,

What have they written to you?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:12 pm

HO didn't write to me, they said on the day that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 weeks

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Post by umerahmed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:22 pm

k7501 wrote:HO didn't write to me, they said on the day that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 weeks
OK i get it now.

Hopefully they will get back soon.

I am in same situation as yours with one passport missing, have my PEO in two weeks time, lets all hope for the best.

Thanks.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:46 pm

umerahmed wrote:
k7501 wrote:HO didn't write to me, they said on the day that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 weeks
OK i get it now.

Hopefully they will get back soon.

I am in same situation as yours with one passport missing, have my PEO in two weeks time, lets all hope for the best.

Thanks.

Alright, I see! What about your absences, do you have many? How will you present them and where?

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Post by umerahmed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Alright, I see! What about your absences, do you have many? How will you present them and where?[/quote]

I have 16 trips in total, 4 of them were on the passport which is missing, i have attached airline tickets for those trips.

I have my SAR but that doesn't show any exit & entry dates whereas i had mentioned that in my request.
The only landing cards I have on my SAR are the first entries on each visa.

I have contacted many airlines to get my dates verified but all of them say they only hold information of a year nothing more than that.

Let see how they view my application.

Regards

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:00 pm

umerahmed wrote:Alright, I see! What about your absences, do you have many? How will you present them and where?

I have 16 trips in total, 4 of them were on the passport which is missing, i have attached airline tickets for those trips.

I have my SAR but that doesn't show any exit & entry dates whereas i had mentioned that in my request.
The only landing cards I have on my SAR are the first entries on each visa.

I have contacted many airlines to get my dates verified but all of them say they only hold information of a year nothing more than that.

Let see how they view my application.

Regards[/quote]

My SAR did exactly the same thing (only 2 landing cards). But then again, I did give them a copy of the lost passport and all the UK stamps are in there, so even if there are many more available to them it will all match. That's why it's so frustrating - clearly they just don't want to trust me and would love to test my version from every angle.. I had 80 (give or take) trips, most of which for tourism and the CW did point out that I am cutting it close to the limit. Which I very well know since it was on purpose that I kept my trip days in order. Either way, since you only had 16 absenses, I don't think you should worry much about it tbh, concentrate on the things they like to check these days, SA, SE, taxes etc

gvs
Newly Registered

Post by gvs » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi all,

I was following this chat while waiting for resolution on my ILR. I felt the time goes slowly.
But I got a call today that ILR has been granted after 59 days!

So I decided to reassure others, that not all cases take too long.

Applied at Croydon PEO: 24/08/2016
Tier 2 (General)
5 years with the same employer

I thought my case is straight forward, but I got a letter that further checks were required. I think the reason for this was that I applied earlier than my 5 years after entry clearance lapsed. Although it is permitted to apply 28 days in advance, I advise those using premium service not to apply before they are actually eligible.

Good luck!

knucks

Post by knucks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 pm

gvs wrote:Hi all,

I was following this chat while waiting for resolution on my ILR. I felt the time goes slowly.

Tier 2 (General)

I thought my case is straight forward, but I got a letter that further checks were required. I think the reason for this was that I applied earlier than my 5 years after entry clearance lapsed. Although it is permitted to apply 28 days in advance, I advise those using premium service not to apply before they are actually eligible.

Good luck!
Great news bro. Congratulations finally the wait is over !

I also applied on 24/08/2016 @ Sheffield PEO and still waiting ...

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:23 pm

gvs wrote:Hi all,

Tier 2 (General)

Good luck!
That's still 59 days longer than what we are promised (kind of).
Congratulations by the way

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:43 pm

A law onto themselves.. :/
Too bad they have our lives in their hands (not literally, but very very close to it)
Can only pray for our families..

asfan123

Post by asfan123 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 pm

I'm also waiting since 11th August 2016... PEO Liverpool

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:48 pm

I went for my PEO Croydon appointment today and they also gave me a Further enquiries letter. I think my case is quite straight forward apart from the fact that I had been on appeal since my last college was revoked and I withdrew my appeal to apply for set LR. My 10 years also completed on 4th of Oct and I attached all the documents required such as LIUKT and a Degree. Also I have 0 absences as I did not travel during my entire 10 years stay.

I wonder what further check they are looking to do as I never traveled or paid any taxes. I think they just want to see my old passports which were not with me at the time of appointment given that I had been on appeal.

Any thoughts from fellow members on the timescales and enquiries they could be doing in my case as they did not mention anything in the letter? I hope I don't have to wait for months before I get a response from them.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12 am

jaykhan2016 wrote:Hiya i Have Submitted my Application For SET LR 10 Years Long Term Residence at Croydon PEO on 10th May 2016 They have issued me a letter saying Your Application is Valid and need Further Checks Which Was My Passports Exit and Entry Stamps Because At the Time of application i have No Passports it Was With the HO but With Different Department As i Withdraw my appeal From Court for Fresh Application.
Does any 1 have idea how long it Will Take For Further Checks and Will This Premium Service Which i paid for Will Fall to Normal Postal application time period ?

Thanks
Hello "jaykhan2016"

Can you please give us some update on your application as my case is very similar to you. Have you received a decision yet? I will be grateful thanks

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:27 am

UK007 wrote:Hey, My SET (LR) application was deferred @ Croydon PEO on 25/11/2015, due to not having my original passports with me. Passports are with HO as I have a FLR(FP) pending.

I know some people will say, I shouldn't have went to PEO. I took my risk. I had copies of passports, Original LIUK certificate & Original UK degree certificate for Language requirements. But case worker called me & told me she can't take a decision as she doesn't have my original passports. I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon ! £400 wasted for nothing ! Now hope they will atleast process the application asap as the wait is killing me....
Hello UK007,

Have you heard from the PEO yet. My passports were with the home office as well. They gave me the further checks letter without giving any reasons. Also I asked the case worker if he wanted any additional documents and he said no. I'll appreciate your response.. thanks

jph
Newly Registered

Post by jph » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi,

Anyone here in the forum, whose application was not processed on 13th of October, 2016?

It seems that the excuse/issue is the same ( IT issues) as seen in the numerous posts earlier.

When can I realistically think of hearing anything from them? Any comments? Are we looking at more than 1 week?

Kind regards,
JP

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:49 am

jph wrote:Hi,

Anyone here in the forum, whose application was not processed on 13th of October, 2016?

It seems that the excuse/issue is the same ( IT issues) as seen in the numerous posts earlier.

When can I realistically think of hearing anything from them? Any comments? Are we looking at more than 1 week?

Kind regards,
JP

Hi JP,

I had the same issue on the 14th of October as they were saying IT issues. However after 30 mins wait, the case worker gave me a further enquiries letter without asking me anything. Did u get this letter as well?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 am

Anyone here tried to contact their MPs? Apparrently they either help a lot (give HO a call and remind them 'who da boss' kind of thing, lol) of they pretend to help (by scheduling an appointment for a "workshop") which is totally useless. Judging by this logic it's worth trying out a few MPs..?

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 am

k7501 wrote:Anyone here tried to contact their MPs? Apparrently they either help a lot (give HO a call and remind them 'who da boss' kind of thing, lol) of they pretend to help (by scheduling an appointment for a "workshop") which is totally useless. Judging by this logic it's worth trying out a few MPs..?
Do you think the delay could be due to the HO trying to get hold of your missing passport to work out your period outside of UK?

Also does anyone else know if HO can check period outside of UK by any other means than your passport? Is it included in SAR?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm

yungbuk wrote:Do you think the delay could be due to the HO trying to get hold of your missing passport to work out your period outside of UK?
No, they are doing something else, they sure as hell are using other means. It is not on SAR (only the first landing cards applicable to entry clearances are there). It could be airline data, could be other countries data (doubtful, but not impossible), could be anything. The thing in common between all these is that it takes time to gather the information

jph
Newly Registered

Post by jph » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi JP,

I had the same issue on the 14th of October as they were saying IT issues. However after 30 mins wait, the case worker gave me a further enquiries letter without asking me anything. Did u get this letter as well?[/quote]

Hi Younbuk,

I haven't received any letter. I am in complete darkness.

regards,
JP

knucks

Post by knucks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:00 pm

k7501 wrote:Anyone here tried to contact their MPs? Apparrently they either help a lot (give HO a call and remind them 'who da boss' kind of thing, lol) of they pretend to help (by scheduling an appointment for a "workshop") which is totally useless. Judging by this logic it's worth trying out a few MPs..?
I contacted my local MP on 20th Sep, I was later booked in for 27th Sep.

MP's appointee called the UKV&I on 30th Sep and spoke to the initial consideration unit. She was told that they do not have anything on the system but will liaise with the case worker and reply back to accordingly. It's been over 2 weeks but no reply at all ...

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

k7501 wrote:
yungbuk wrote:Do you think the delay could be due to the HO trying to get hold of your missing passport to work out your period outside of UK?
No, they are doing something else, they sure as hell are using other means. It is not on SAR (only the first landing cards applicable to entry clearances are there). It could be airline data, could be other countries data (doubtful, but not impossible), could be anything. The thing in common between all these is that it takes time to gather the information
I have a similar background with you. I applied ILR by premium service at Croydon on 23/09/2016. I have 2 passports and 1st one was lost(expired 6 years ago but covered my 1st student visa in UK). I provided the scans of lost passport and all ticket/boarding pass which I kept during 10 years. In the end I was given a further enquiries letter and now I am waiting for almost 4 weeks.

I used to contact with SAR department and they told me that entry and exit records only go back 5 years. I am wondering how do they check the 10 years immigration history/how long it will take? I have seen someone on this forum said the contact centre was useful but when I phoned them, they said they were not able to check my status with my case ID.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:24 pm

I used to contact with SAR department and they told me that entry and exit records only go back 5 years. I am wondering how do they check the 10 years immigration history/how long it will take? I have seen someone on this forum said the contact centre was useful but when I phoned them, they said they were not able to check my status with my case ID.[/quote]

I think the only credible source to check periods outside of UK is through passport. Airline data is only kept for a certain time period depending on their policies. Apart from this I cant think of any other source that can be as legit as your passport for this verification.

Do you know how long does it take them to get the passports from their relevant department. I think hopefully in my case they only want to check my old passports that have been with them since sept 2014. What if they lose my passports and can't verify anything then I am in deep waters I suppose.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Given that I haven't travelled once over the 10 yr period, I did not have to show them my old passports anyway although I did have photocopies of them which they refused to take.