ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration for Child - Travel on Indian Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashikuma
Newly Registered

MN1 Registration for Child - Travel on Indian Passport

Post by ashikuma » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi,
I need one quick help on my situation.
My Son is 2.5 years old and has visa valid untill August 2017 and both parents i.e. me and my wife have got ILR.
I have plans to visit India from mid Feb 2017 to mid May 2017.

Questions:
1. If I apply for registration through form MN1 route this month and my son gets british passport just before he is travelling to India(assuming I don't have enough time to apply for Indian visa), then can he travel to India on Indian passport because visa is still valid untill Aug 2017?
2. If he travels to india in Feb 2017 and gets biometric appointment date while he is in India then can the appointment be rescheduled to a date after he retruns to UK i.e. after May 2017?
3. If he travels to india in Feb 2017 and gets British passport at UK home address(I wil be at UK as only my wife and Son travelling to india) while he is in India then is there any problem for him in returning back to UK in May 2017 because he has visa till August 2017?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Ashish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Registration for Child - Travel on Indian Passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:08 pm

2. Biometric enrollment is NOT an appointment. You have 15 days once the letter is received to go to the Post Office and do it. If you miss that one, then HO will send another letter giving you 10 days. If the second one is missed and not done, application is refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie0203
India

Re: MN1 Registration for Child - Travel on Indian Passport

Post by newbie0203 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Point 1- Yes you can travel but when you surrender your child's indian passport, you will have to pay a penalty for using Indian passport after your son becomes British (which is more than Visa fee)
Point 2 - No, as CR001 said max of 25 days for Biometric enrolment (15+10)
Point 3 - I am not sure with British Passport scenario, but I applied for my son's MN1 and travelled. We got the MN1 certificate while we were away and we used his BRP/Indian passport to enter back in UK. With acquisition of passport it might be different.

Regarding CR001 post below:
[quote="CR001"]2. Biometric enrollment is NOT an appointment. You have 15 days once the letter is received to go to the Post Office and do it. If you miss that one, then HO will send another letter giving you 10 days. If the second one is missed and not done, application is refused.[/quote]

If you dont register Biometric then application is REJECTED with deduction of some admin fee (For AN1 its £30)might vary for MN1.