ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while EEA2 application pending

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lemonade123
Newly Registered

Travel while EEA2 application pending

Post by lemonade123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi all,

I was reading through lots of posts but they're mostly a couple of years old so I'd like to check if anything has changed.

Me (EEA sponsor) will need to travel to Asia for 2 months for business. I want my wife (Non-EEA, sponsored) to come with me. Her EEA2 application is pending, we have received the certificate of application.
If we request her passport:
  • Does the EEA2 application remain unaffected, meaning does it take the same time to process?
  • Can she enter the UK after the 2 months while the EEA2 application is still pending using the certificate, her passport and supporting documents (e.g. marriage certificate, tenant contract, council tax statements etc.)
  • Does it make sense to apply for a EEA1 while abroad to ensure she can enter easily and does that leave the EEA2 application unaffected?
Thanks a lot for you help, very much appreciated!

Kind regards

noajthan

Re: Travel while EEA2 application pending

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:26 pm

1) If you mean RC, yes

2) With you, yes.

3) What do you mean by EEA1? FP?
- there is no EEA1 anymore.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lemonade123
Newly Registered

Post by lemonade123 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:43 pm

noajthan wrote:1) If you mean RC, yes

2) With you, yes.

Thanks a lot @noajthan !

Concerning 2) - what about entering without me?

Concerning 3) - Yes, I meant a Family Permit - can she apply for one while traveling during the RC application? She is really concerned the airline won't take her back to the UK and border control won't let her enter

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:49 pm

lemonade123 wrote:
noajthan wrote:1) If you mean RC, yes

2) With you, yes.

Thanks a lot @noajthan !

Concerning 2) - what about entering without me?

Concerning 3) - Yes, I meant a Family Permit - can she apply for one while traveling during the RC application? She is really concerned the airline won't take her back to the UK and border control won't let her enter
2) Possible. Easier if you are in UK.
UK BF officials, who will stop and interrogate traveller, should understand a Union citizen sponsor may be resident in UK but absent for up to 6 months without interrupting continuity of residence.

All as per the UK BF Ops manual:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf

3) As per my understanding, yes.
Other members have adopted this strategy (successfully).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kimarie606
Newly Registered

Post by kimarie606 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi there. My husband (non-EEA sponsored, visa national) and I (EEA sponsor) will be in a similar situation in a few months. I was wondering if you could share what happened in the end? Did your wife apply for an EEA FP? How was re-entry to the UK?

My husband's EEA Family Permit expires in April, we'll be applying for his EEA2 application ASAP (and how I wish we had applied sooner had we known how long it takes! :o )) We must travel to France in July for our (belated) wedding celebration - family and friends will be joining us from all over the world! (I did not foresee all this stress as I stupidly assumed he'd be able to travel freely while waiting fo the residence card, as he could with the EEA FP.)

Assuming the EEA2 app will be pending in July, I am wondering what our options are to guarantee we can leave/return to the UK for the wedding: does he need to go back to Senegal and reapply for an EEA FP, or will he be allowed to re-enter the UK from France using the certificate, passport and supporting documents (e.g. marriage certificate, tenant contract, bank account, etc.)?

Your experience might help answer these questions. Thanks so much in advance!