ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application form Issue with References

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykhan01
Newly Registered

MN1 Application form Issue with References

Post by ykhan01 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi all,

I have recently got my ILR and now applying for registration as a British Citizen for my 6 months old daughter under 1(3) using MN1 form.

I have asked my employer to provide a reference and he was more than happy to do so.
On the other hand as one can expect that where you pay your taxes and NIC are the most reluctant people to help you specially GP and local health visitor and bluntly said that we do not give references anymore.

I have few questions here and I would really appreciate if someone can advise me.

My employer who provided the reference is on the list of professional person as he is a "Director of VAT registered Company" and he is a British national. However, I am still concerned if this satisfy the statement on MN1 guide "referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity"?

If it does satisfy that statement then, does the second referee necessarily needs to be a British national (passport holder) or could it be from any nationality but must be over 25?

if the statement is not satisfied, can I then play it the other way around and use one of my mate who is an Accountant as a "professional person" but not a British Citizen and use the reference from my employer as the "other referee" who is "normally" a British Citizen?

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: MN1 Application form Issue with References

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Your second option appears to be viable.
If HO are not happy with the calibre/particulars of referee they will simply write and ask you to nominate another.
And references are not taken up as a matter of course.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ykhan01
Newly Registered

Post by ykhan01 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply noajthan.

Hopefully the HO won't come back to bite me, finger crossed, as this requirement for anyone under 4 or 5 years old is silly as hell provided that no one who is "actually" familiar with the child in professional capacity is or will any time be ready to give a reference.

I will try this and see how does it go as I am applying through NCS and badly wishes that initially even the NCS will let me put through the application with these references.

ykhan01
Newly Registered

Post by ykhan01 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Sorry noajthan what happened there, I just saw you mentioning that I have reposted the thread but all I am doing is posting a reply and not a repeating my question somewhere else.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:37 pm

This is the topic noajthan is referring to, posted 15 minutes after this original topic was started.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 18379.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ykhan01
Newly Registered

Post by ykhan01 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 am

Thanks for the Link CR001 I have seen that post and that is why I mentioned it here as that post is locked.

I was trying to explain that I am not sure how did that happen, probably I clicked twice while submitting my original post and the system have some how posted it twice and that too after 15 mins as mentioned!!

So apologies if this has caused any inconvenience.