ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crish83
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by crish83 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi,

I received Tier 2 Employer sponsored visa in Jan 2013. I was made redundant in Dec 2013, I received cooling off period from UKBA till May 2014 to look for a new sponsor. I got a new sponsor within that period and applied for Tier 2 General visa. My Tier 2 Visa for new employer receive till end of June 2017. after that they are going to extend my visa. I will be eligible for January 2018. I am planning to apply January 2018.

My Question is:
1. My 5 months unemployment gap will it be a problem when applying for ILR. or Is this 5 months gap will be included in 5 years work permit.
2. My wife came 2013 September - While I am applying ILRJan 2018 even she can get ILR (bcoz technically she lived in this country - (in 2018 January) 4 years 4 months.)
3. In case she cant apply ILR in 2018 what visa she gonna stay in Country
4. If Different visa How long she need to stay in country again 5 years of continues stay or after 8 months she can apply ILR.

Many Thanks in advance,
Crish

bholo

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by bholo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:31 am

I was once made redundant as well.
Do not worry.
I strongly believe that if you are lawfully on tier2 you will get ILR.
When we are made redundant, it is hard to start new job within 60 days considering the time it takes to interview, apply and then COS and RLMT.
60 Days break thing start from recieving curtailment letter.
If there is no break in your stay you should be good

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by iworker » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:07 am

ur didnt get cooling off time.. it was letter curtailing your leave. cooling off time is completely different thing.
when did u receive the letter.
1. will depend on above.
2. no she cant
3. she will need to extend pbs dependent
4. once she has been on pbs dependent for 5 years.