ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I lose my income status?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jago25_98
Newly Registered

If I lose my income status?

Post by jago25_98 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:23 am

I'd like to bring my wife back to the UK.

The economy is such that I will probably be able to meet the salary requirement. However, what if this changes?

My concern is that I lose my job and unlike being able to work freelance as I do now, my wife is kicked out of the UK.

How long do I have to go back into a salaried job? The full 5 years until ILR?

Such a horrible thing.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: If I lose my income status?

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:32 am

jago25_98 wrote:, my wife is kicked out of the UK.
What's you mean that your wife kicked out??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jago25_98
Newly Registered

Post by jago25_98 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:00 am

I mean, for me to bring my wife into the UK I need to get her a partner visa. For this I have to show an income.

If I lose that income then her visa becomes invalid. So then we have to exit the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 am

It's not that cut & dried'

At the first FLR(M) visa extension in 2.5 years and again for ILR at the end of the 5 year period you will have to show that you meed the minimum income level. Joint income will qualify if your wife works.

Generally (more so if there are children in the family) FLR(FP) can be applied for if the income level isn't met. FLR(FP) however would be a longer 10 year route to settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.