ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) advice needed Various Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chickpea
United States of America

FLR(M) advice needed Various Questions

Post by chickpea » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:04 am

Hello,
Help needed in finalising my application for FLR(M). I have to do the premium service because I cannot be without the BRP for 8 weeks. The biggest concern is the evidence, mainly because so many people in the FLR(M) timeline thread have said they were asked to send additional documentation. My understanding is that if we do not have all the documentation on the day of the premium appointment, then it basically becomes a postal application, we've wasted £500 and a day off work. So we have got to get it right the first time! Unfortunately for us, the evidence is not totally straightforward, hence my questions.

1. After we were married we lived in a house that is my in-laws' holiday home. This was stated on the original spouse visa application with evidence. We did not pay rent or have a lease or have our names on any utility bills (one exception: husband had a work phone line installed so we have one invoice from that - he didn't save any others! Arrgh.). I understand that we need to provide a letter from the in-laws stating the terms of our stay. (It was meant to be temporary but lasted 21 months.) We will provide the utility bills for the owners (as we were asked for them in first application). We can link these with bank statements to prove we paid them as well. We have plenty of evidence for _my_ residence at that address. We have very little for my husband: one BT bill, a letter from GP, and otherwise a few pieces of non-utility correspondence. For our current residence most utility bills are in both our names and so is the lease, so that is fine, except it is only for the past 10 months. Is there any other evidence that anyone can think they might request? My worry is proving we actually did live together from March 2014 to December 2015. Photos or other proof somehow that anyone could suggest? (We have online evidence that we rode our bikes together from the same address nearly every day, could that help?)

2. How many documents to provide? I know there was a post somewhere recently here that the "6 documents" was not actually a legal requirement (yet the HO still requires them), so of course we intend to provide too many rather than not enough. (A very helpful post here when I started my research listed quite a lot fo evidence successfully submitted.) I suspect a minimum total of 12 is best. In terms of the time period more time was spent at the address of our in-laws, for which we have less evidence. In theory we would need more than 6 (if time-weighted). We have easily got 6 for current (here for 10 months), but if we include the letter about our residency at the prior address how much more evidence might we need?

3. Does anyone know whether, at a premium appointment, if they ask for further evidence can you have it with you and provide it on the spot? My current plan is to take EVERY piece of evidence with us just in case, but provide a minimum of 12 documents (likely more) with the application. Also, as required, to include an explanatory letter and list the additional evidence we can provide.

Thanks so much for any/all advice on this. I have read and re-read the guidance and appendices etc... relevant parts of which are clear as mud. :-)

chickpea
United States of America

FLR(M) section 4 children - question

Post by chickpea » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:45 am

Hello,
This is a completely separate topic to my other thread on evidence, so hopefully mods are okay with me posting two.

On the FLR(M) application section 4 states:
"In this section you must include any dependants that are applying with you. (see the payment section for details on who may apply with you) It is mandatory to complete this section as required. Please note this application will be invalid if you do not.
As well as children who are applying as your dependants you should also include details of all dependent children including those who are British citizens or settled in the UK."

I am the visa applicant, husband is UK citizen. We are not applying for visas for any dependants. However, he has two children from a previous marriage. They don't live with us but he pays child support monthly. Am I correct that we do have to list them? And get their mother to give us all their passport information?

Also, it asks "4.6 Is your sponsor financially responsible for supporting anyone else, not listed in section 4.4?" My husband pays a nominal amount to his ex, but it does not support her and payments end in 4 months. My guess is to answer yes anyway and then explain?

Thanks all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) section 4 children - question

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 am

chickpea wrote:Hello,
This is a completely separate topic to my other thread on evidence, so hopefully mods are okay with me posting two.
No it is not. It is a different question on the SAME application. Please keep ALL questions on your FLR(M) application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) section 4 children - question

Post by chickpea » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:52 pm

CR001 wrote:...It is a different question on the SAME application. Please keep ALL questions on your FLR(M) application in one topic.
Apologies. Is there any way I can change the title of the thread to reflect the two very different topics? [i.e. "FLR(M) advice needed for evidence and child question"]

One question regards evidence for the application. One question is about answering an application question.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) advice needed Various Questions

Post by chickpea » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:38 pm

A bump before this disappears. Really hoping for advice as need to finalise application within the week. Thanks.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 am

Really hopeful someone out there can offer some helpful advice!

chickpea
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) advice needed URGENT

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:34 am

One last bump - aka CRY FOR HELP!

Really hopeful there is anyone out there who can say:
1. What additional documents seem to be requested??? I have one answer but the FLR(M) timeline thread is VERY clear that almost every applicant recently (who is participating in the thread) has had to provide extra documents.

2. Any experience of premium appts who can say whether additional documents can be provided on the spot? Otherwise we're just going to err on the safe side and give them a lot more than requested. (Not sure there has been any further info on the forum about the courts finding that 6 documents is not legally required etc.)

As I just quoted from a moderator, and I do understand "Always best to be 200% prepared when dealing with HO."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:29 pm

If they ask for something and you have it on you, of course you can give it on the day. You might just be overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:44 pm

CR001 wrote:If they ask for something and you have it on you, of course you can give it on the day. You might just be overthinking this.
Thanks and perhaps, but if we do not get approved on the day it is likely to not only cost us a lost £500 but also a potential permanent job. (Having already been told I couldn't work, even though I am eligible, without a BRP actually IN HAND. It isn't just the HO who interpret the rules in various ways, employers do too, unfortunately.)

Mainly now curious about which aspects of the extension applications the HO asked for extra info on, i.e. financial / viable relationship / proof of living together, etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Usually financial if there is self employment involved and cohabitation if not sufficient is presented.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks CR001 :)

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 pm

New question:
I see a lot of people include a letter from the employer confirming employment etc. We did this with our first application but there is nothing I can find in the FLR(M) application OR the Guidance Notes OR Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirement (May 2016) to say that we need to do that again. I have just re-read it all a third time. We're including 6 months of certified payslips and 6 months+ of bank statements (official), but I don't see where more might be needed?

Anyone know the answer here?

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:52 pm

So no reply to the above question (though another thread suggested the employer letter was needed). As it happened it was not needed. (We did have a PDF of an original they emailed to us, and we did state this in our list of evidence where we added a list of further evidence we could supply.)

Success at Solihull yesterday. :) Thanks to everyone, espec mods, for assistance here.

I found it really useful ahead of time to read about other experiences of attending premium appointments, but if I put it in this thread it won't have a relevant thread title.

Mods: can I start a new thread describing the experience and what docs we included etc etc...? (Or I can add it here if you really prefer and can change the title for me?) Thanks.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 pm

The employment letter is one document apparently mandatory according the financial requirements but it's great to hear you were successful.

To be honest although requirements are the same for in country application I think more discretion is applied.