ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Souse visa sponsor change employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

A3guy
Newly Registered

Souse visa sponsor change employer

Post by A3guy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:30 am

Hi all,

So I am in the process of completing the application for my wife's visa, I have not yet submitted the application.

I am well above the financial requirement (fall within higher rate tax bracket) and have been working for this employer for the past 4 years.

I am looking to change employer for better prospects (and pay) and I am negotiating a new job offer at the moment, once/if I accept I will have a 4 week notice period with the current employer.

My concern is if they call my current employer and I may no longer be employed there (e.g. 5 weeks down the line).

What should I do? Is it a case of having to stay put and let this opportunity go OR can I add the new employment contract with cover letter to explain the change in job with my application to make it clear of the change?

Priority is my wife's visa so any advice would be appreciated.

SoHopeful

Re: Souse visa sponsor change employer

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:08 pm

I changed jobs whilst my husband was waiting for the outcome of his application but as I was an agency worker I had the flexible of leaving the actual post but not giving notice to the agency until I really had to.

I don't think it would be a problem as you have been with your current employer for over 12 months and far exceed the income requirement. Provide all the information you can. Is there a priority application route you could use to that may give a response before you have left maybe?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 pm

You will have to submit a letter from your current employer with terms of employment and confirming that the employment is ongoing. If you change employer mid-application and the HO call your previous employer and are advised you are no longer working in the company, there may be a problem.

IMHO, it's risky.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:14 pm

If possible can you wait until the new job has issued you a contract and you have signed it and can include it with the application? Also your covering letter can have an explanation with both phone numbers of both employers.

We had a job change scenario in our application and included both contracts and payslips (only had two from new employer) and a letter from the new employer as well.

Good luck!