ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR & Naturalisation processing timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:23 am

Marielmcp wrote:I agree with you Alex, I think that we all spend enough time having a look on boards and discussing on boards that we could surely arrange to meet up and start putting our talk into action. I'm generally available any evening of the week and live close to town, so am easy on location.
Thank you Marielmcp! We'll definitely meet one evening this week. Guys, anybody else would like to join us?

Thanks!
Alex

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Sure. Let me know where/when. A suggestion is to use the meeting rooms in the Whitefriar Street is the Carmelite Community Centre, on Aungier Street. I'm not sure if it costs to book these rooms, but they offer them to the public for use. Telephone: 01 – 475 4673/475 4694

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:27 pm

I won't be able to join your meeting, as I don't live in Dublin. But, would be able to make it for any protests etc.

Please do update outcome.

Regards

Ch
sashasolar wrote:
Marielmcp wrote:I agree with you Alex, I think that we all spend enough time having a look on boards and discussing on boards that we could surely arrange to meet up and start putting our talk into action. I'm generally available any evening of the week and live close to town, so am easy on location.
Thank you Marielmcp! We'll definitely meet one evening this week. Guys, anybody else would like to join us?

Thanks!
Alex

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Before we make plans to open TV and radio stations :) , does anyone have a contact at Metro Eireann paper? They are a community paper for immigrants and I think it would make a good story on how foreign workers are seen more as slaves by the government and not given their due rights.

http://www.metroeireann.com/

http://www.metroeireann.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=29

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Post by ikoonman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Count me in.

I am mostly available in the evenings to meet up. If i can make an alternative meeting point suggestion - The Westbury off Grafton str - it has a big lounge area with plenty of seats. (In either way it really doesn't matter where we meet) We can get together and get some form of charter, mission and agenda together. We can take it from there.

I can contribute by setting up the website and getting a domain name registered (pref a .org as registering a .ie gets tricky when it comes to the CRO). We can then put some information, the mission statment, charter etc up on the website and also have a form where people can register their intend to participation and get some form of news letter going.

We just need to get the ball rolling. Is somebody open to accept PM's (or in this forum) to coordinate the get together? We can also let this post roll maybe for another week or so and see if anybody else is interesting in attending- for starters, somebody with administrative skills. :)
Last edited by ikoonman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Perfect, guys! Let's see today and tomorrow how many people will confirm their attendance. Once we get together, we'll have a chat about what skills we have and how we'll organise ourselves in order to apply these skills.

We have sevaral venue ideas (above) which is great! We have to see how many people would like to attend our meeting: 5-10 or 10-20 or even more. In any case we have plenty of pubs around here - we should find a quiet corner somewhere if there will be only few of us:-)

jattie
Newly Registered

Meeting

Post by jattie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Count me in too. Weekday evenings except Tuesday.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm definitely in! I don't have a job at the moment so I'm free :)
I think the pub meetings would be a good idea. The Forum on Dame Street or Bowes in Fleet Street are fairly quiet old man pubs.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:38 pm

sovtek wrote:I'm definitely in! I don't have a job at the moment so I'm free :)
I think the pub meetings would be a good idea. The Forum on Dame Street or Bowes in Fleet Street are fairly quiet old man pubs.
"Old man pubs"? Talk for yourself :lol: I think we'll spice up the crowd in those pubs:-)

For those who are not from Dublin, but are willing to participate - don't worry, we will keep everyone posted on the meeting minutes and any other developments. And we will need people in other towns and counties who will represent us locally. So, please keep checking this forum for our site's link or send me your contact details via PM. I will share them with everyone when we get together. :)

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Post by ikoonman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:45 pm

alex, do i take it then that you'll coordinate the initial get together? :)

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:00 pm

ikoonman wrote:alex, do i take it then that you'll coordinate the initial get together? :)
well:-) let's do it. :) Please, PM your contact details to me. I'll collate the contacts and let everyone know when and where we'll meet.

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Post by ikoonman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:07 pm

Done.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Dear All! I've received contact details from only four people so far. Not so bad:-) But still, would be nice to have few more people. What if we schedule a meeting for Wednesday next week allowing more people to read this thread?

Please, also speak to people you know if they'd like to join.

How about this?

I've replied all PMs with my contact details. I n the mean time, let's do a bit of home work to come up with some ideas on how to start our great venture we'll discuss all this at the meeting!

Thanks,
Alex

jattie
Newly Registered

Post by jattie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:50 pm

I am not that concerned about numbers attending, you need a few people to take the lead and set up something and numbers will mean something when we start taking action. Numbers will count when we get funding in the form of membership fees and donations to bankroll the campaigns to spread the word and achieve our objectives.

The key for success is unity and to get agreement in what we want to achieve and get some backing. I've initiated a dialogue with a Dublin South TD and I already received back an encouraging response, but I dont want to count my chickens before they're hatched.

Let's meet get organised and start from there. I have a very good feeling about this.

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Post by ferrellk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm

I would be interested as well.

I haven't had any issues yet...but as I'm just starting into this whole "settling in Ireland" thing, I'd be interested to get in on the ground floor. The stories I have read here have enlightened me.

I have a journalism background, so am willing to help with writing etc.

PM me with details.

jattie
Newly Registered

Post by jattie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Excellent, welcome aboard. Sashasolar is co-ordinating our kick off meeting. There's a shared agenda, PM him with your contact details and he'll send you on the links if you want to join the kickoff meeting.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:51 am

Folks,

Any progress on this?

Regards

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:47 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received in July 2005 are currently being processed.

I can't believe it until someone will confirm here on the forum that they received a letter from them!

Regards,

Mendo
________
DRUIDISM FORUMS
Last edited by mendo on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Have you all organized a meeting yet? If you do organize a meeting, please make sure you post the details on the public part of the forum so that even lurkers can attend and there is no misuse of the boards.
thanks.
Last edited by archigabe on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

I hope you probably have already noticed on METRO newspaper (free one) the Letters published about naturalisation/citizenship delay issues.

If you haven't... let me know your e-mail address and I can mail you the scanned copies.

Well, what I wanted to say was that , while we have some attention from public, we can keep the ball rolling by flooding Metro Mail with our stories :arrow:

Hopefully our voice will reach some official ears OR may be someone from DOJ will pick up a copy of metro and will bring to their seniors :idea:

Regards,
SS

PS >> I'm new to this forum & Its my 1st post :)

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:32 am

Can you email me please? Sent priviate message with my email id...

Regards

Chirl
asrpb wrote:Hi Guys,

I hope you probably have already noticed on METRO newspaper (free one) the Letters published about naturalisation/citizenship delay issues.

If you haven't... let me know your e-mail address and I can mail you the scanned copies.

Well, what I wanted to say was that , while we have some attention from public, we can keep the ball rolling by flooding Metro Mail with our stories :arrow:

Hopefully our voice will reach some official ears OR may be someone from DOJ will pick up a copy of metro and will bring to their seniors :idea:

Regards,
SS

PS >> I'm new to this forum & Its my 1st post :)

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Theres anecdotal evidence the naturalisation applications are now taking more than 2.5 years and is closer to the 3 year mark.

Interesting to note how the US deals with unacceptable delays (18 months as apposed to the usual 7 months or less!) in naturalisation processing-

they hire 1500 extra people, including those who have retired- if only it could become a political issue like this in Ireland!

"Mr. Gonzalez went through all the statistics and they seemed imposing as to why naturalization applications have increased from a current average of 7 months or less to approximately 18 months. He cited receiving in excess of 3 million applications and petitions for immigration benefits in the summer of 2007 as compared with 1.8 million applications and petitions received in the same period the previous year; that in June and July 2007, naturalization applications increased nearly 350% compared to the same period in 2006. To deal with this, Mr. Gonzalez stated that U.S.C.I.S. has begun hiring 1500 new employees of which 723 are adjudicators; U.S.C.I.S.'s request to rehire experienced annuitants has been approved; the agency has identified 704 former U.S.C.I.S. employees who have retired; and U.S.C.I.S. will ask current staff to continue working additional overtime and shift work and detail employees to areas most heavily impacted by the surge."

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2008,0128-lee.shtm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=18195349

alex ciudac
Newly Registered

Post by alex ciudac » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:32 pm

jattie wrote:Excellent, welcome aboard. Sashasolar is co-ordinating our kick off meeting. There's a shared agenda, PM him with your contact details and he'll send you on the links if you want to join the kickoff meeting.
does anyone have idea how new Immigration Bill(if approved) can affect LTR waiting time?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 pm

This bill is more about restricting immigrants rather than making life easier for them.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm

I just sometimes wonder...
If DoJ will keep this same attitude towards LTR & Citizenship applications, will people have to wait 5 years (or more) to get citizenship in near future :?:
Is it that hard to just employ more staff & get the job DONE :evil:

:idea: OR why don't we offer our voluntary services to get this backlog out :D