ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for second marriage..urgent help pls

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: visa for second marriage..urgent help pls

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:15 pm

No one can make that decision for you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:17 pm

I know..:( sometimes we just have to think of ourselves more than others :(

sangeetharaman89

Curtailment of ex partner visa

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi all,

please help me .

I would just like to give a brief intro of what has been happened so far. I am on a tier 2 general visa valid till may 2017. I have had my partner(ex) on a dependant visa from 2012 from my post study work visa.

Recently things started messed up between us and we decided to end our relationship.I have applied for the divorce in may and received my decree absolute in august. I have been to india and got married again in september. Once I come back I Have sent a letter to HO notifying my relationship breakdown on 3rd october and my new partner has applied for the dependant visa on 5thoctober. In the meanwhile he received decision from UKVI .He has got the tier 2 dependant visa on 14oct.

My question is what will happen to my ex now? He is planing to go back to home country in dec first week. will he get a 60days curtailment letter from ukba and so he is safe to stay till dec or shud he have to go straight away. I don want him to be overstayed since that will affect his immigration history.

Please someone help me with your valuable suggecstion. Wen I have sent a letter to HO I have sent recorded delivery and they have received it on 06oct16.On the letter I have mentioned his current address so he shud be getting the letter to this address right or is it understandable that his visa is already curtailed once I sent letter. Please help .Hope I amclear.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Did you complete the required form in the link I provided previously? You should have done this sooner rather than wait till October.

Your ex should also leave sooner rather than later. It is not your concern any longer what happens now and HO certainly won't keep you up to date on what is happening.
CR001 wrote:We don't work for the courts so cannot tell you if you will have the decree absolute before your proposed 'new marriage'.

Once you are divorced, you are legally obliged to inform HO as soon as possible about the change of circumstances and the end of the relationship. This will have an impact on your ex's visa. See link below for details/form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

Your ex will struggle to get married in the UK (if that is the plan) as he has to give 28 days notice to an HO approved Registry. This can then be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and interview the parties separately before they either grant or refuse permission to marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My intension not to throw him out of this country which is why I risked and sent the latter after my marriage. yes I have followed the link you gave me and wrote a covering letter mentioning my address and my ex address and passport number in the letter.

I am just worried if he travel in december if its going to affect and make him overstayer.

will he get curtailment letter or he shuould just leave ASAP.

Thank you :)