ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with FLR (m) questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london7733
Newly Registered

Help with FLR (m) questions

Post by london7733 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:40 am

Hi All

My wife has the appointment next week for FLR (m) 2nd extension.

Please advise what should we answer in Question 1.15.

She has given her mobile number, but we do not have a land line setup at home. Should she leave it blank or add her mobile number as well in daytime number.

1.15 Your daytime telephone number

1.16 Your mobile number if you have one

Also, I have a mortgage on the flat we live in, do I need to give any other proof to what type of accommodation it is, and what can it be.

We have distributed all the documents in 5 separate folders, for ease of both applicant and home office, do we need to also create cover letter for the whole of the application?

We live in East London, please advise should we go by car or tube/train? appointment is at 9 AM.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with FLR (m) questions

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 am

1.15 you can put the mobile number again. It is not a trick question.

Your mortgage statement and title register should be fine.

Your choice how you get to wherever your appointment is, assuming the appointment is in Croydon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london7733
Newly Registered

Post by london7733 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Thank you for your reply.

One last thing though, do we take a copy of each and every document?

Also any covering letter required?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:31 pm

If applying in person, yes you take copies.

Covering letter is not required. YOU need to attend with your spouse though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london7733
Newly Registered

Post by london7733 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Well the FLR (m) form is 76 pages and the supporting documents will be about 100 pages. Will that not be too many photocopies for the Home Office to handle?

Also I hope the originals are returned to us on the same day?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:25 pm

london7733 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Well the FLR (m) form is 76 pages and the supporting documents will be about 100 pages. Will that not be too many photocopies for the Home Office to handle? It saves time otherwise you have to sit and wait for them to do all the copies when they have a moment. I had each set of documents, ie. Thames Water - originals and then photocopies clipped at the back. I too three lever arch files with documents.

Also I hope the originals are returned to us on the same day? Yes, they are.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)

london7733
Newly Registered

Post by london7733 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Thank you

london7733
Newly Registered

FLR (m) Spouse Visa Extension Granted

Post by london7733 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 am

Hi

Extension granted yesterday.

We had booked for 9 AM yesterday.

Went in, a queue of about 5-7 cases.

The reception took the booking reference, he checked if the form was correct and signed and gave the Ticket number.

Straight away we were called to a desk, where the details from the FLR (m) form were inputted on the system. We were asked to give all of our documents, without the paper clips and plastic pouches. We were given 2 plastic folders and we had to fit all of our documents in there.

This took about 10 minutes and we were asked to wait for BRP. BRP call came straight after we finished.

BRP guy was amazed at the size of the documents provided, I am assuming they want the minimalist documents.

BRP took 5 minutes and a lady came to pick up 3 applications on the BRP desks. She asked us to either wait in the coffee area or go for shopping and that they can call the mobile number.

We opted to stay in the coffee area.

They have got screens all across the coffee area, showing what stage the application is.

So our ticket stayed about half an hour in " Waiting for Consideration Queue". Then it took about 2.5 hours "Under Consideration" and then it went to the "Collection" Queue.

We went to the collection Desk and the CW told us the visa is granted and we can check and take our documents.

It took us a few minutes to check our main documents and we were out of there.

I would say good experience, saves you a lot of time.

Anyone going for Premium I would suggest to book in early as the later you go, you will have to queue for each stage of the process.
Get in early and your application will be with the Case worker in half an hour.

Good Luck Guys.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks so much for posting this! Useful to know (our FLR(M) appointment is tomorrow - not Croydon but presumably it will be similar).

And - of course - congratulations!! Hopefully we'll cross paths here for ILR next. :)