ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Long Residence : 9 days Gap : Help Needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kash47
Newly Registered

10 years Long Residence : 9 days Gap : Help Needed

Post by kash47 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:14 am

Hi All
I came to uk as a student in sept 1997 and i have been getting extension since then and i have been refused once in feb 2002 but then i re apply and i have been granted extension( i was in uk during that time)
I have been to PEO this week and they said i have 8 days gap in feb 2002.
My visa was expired on 6th feb 2002 and i applied by post on 4th feb 2002 and home office saying they logged in my application on 15th feb 2002. Its not really my fault as i applied on time by special delivery. Home office told me to send ilr by post and they will look into more. I dont have any postal reciept to prove that i did sent my application before time.
I have already requested SAR.

Can u please advice.
Last edited by kash47 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jes2jes

Re: 10 years Long Residence : 9 days Gap : Help Needed

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 am

I came to uk as a student in sept 2007
Did you mean 1997? :o
My visa was expired on 6th feb 2002 and i applied by post on 4th feb 2002 and home office saying they logged in my application on 15th feb 2002.
Well, if you have evidence this was mailed on the date you are purporting then that is fine, otherwise it is your word against BIA. Was it Special Delivery?

I have already requested SAR.
That is the way forward but I doubt it would be any different according to their system. I guess you wait for SAR and then apply by post and explain the circumstances if there is no difference as to the date of the application.
Praise The Lord!!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Does the home office keep the envelopes (and the postmarks)? If yes, that should show up in the SAR.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm

paulp wrote:Does the home office keep the envelopes (and the postmarks)? If yes, that should show up in the SAR.
They keep the envelopes but unfortunately they don't send copies of it for SAR.
Praise The Lord!!!!