ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (general) Extension Start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Tier 2 (general) Extension Start date

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello,

my first tier 2 visa was issued November 2013 and valid till Jan 2017. I am looking to renew my visa before the end of November as I am planning to travel in January on an official trip. I have a few questions;
1. What should be the start date for the application since I'd be applying early, Do I need a start date after the end date of my current visa or do I have to use a new start date say December (since I am applying in November)
2. Because of my imminent business trip, my company might use Priority or premium service for me. My company will pay for my application while I pay for my dependants. will it be possible to include my dependants in my application even though I use premium service and they use standard service. Or do we have to submit the applications separately?

Looking forward to your responses.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tier 2 (general) Extension Start date

Post by ShrutiBlue » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:52 am

The start date can be any date within 3 months of the issue date of the CoS. It doesn't have to be the day after your visa expires (even though the guidance says so).

I can't help you with your second query unfortunately!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm

start date can be anything from now to 3 months in the future. (based on assumption if your employer is assigning u cos today).
u dont include dependents with your application.. applying at same time or later, they each will have to have their own forms.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:41 pm

ShrutiBlue wrote:The start date can be any date within 3 months of the issue date of the CoS. It doesn't have to be the day after your visa expires (even though the guidance says so).

I can't help you with your second query unfortunately!
Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:48 pm

iworker wrote:start date can be anything from now to 3 months in the future. (based on assumption if your employer is assigning u cos today).
u dont include dependents with your application.. applying at same time or later, they each will have to have their own forms.
Thank you for the response. For the second question, I meant applying at the same time. I understand I have to fill different forms for each dependant. What I wanted t know is if we can submit our application at the same time even though I want premium service and my dependents pay for standard service.

I guess if my sponsor pays for premium service for me and I pay for standard service for dependents, our applications will be treated separately.

Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:44 am

how can u apply at the same time. Premium will mean u will get decision same day. You will need for the BRP card to come and attach it with your dependents application to be sent in post.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:23 pm

iworker wrote:how can u apply at the same time. Premium will mean u will get decision same day. You will need for the BRP card to come and attach it with your dependents application to be sent in post.

Thank you. I totally forgot I will have to provide my BRP with my dependents' application.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 pm

iworker wrote:start date can be anything from now to 3 months in the future. (based on assumption if your employer is assigning u cos today).

Hi iworker,

Thanks for being helpful in this forum . Please one more question before I intitate my extension process.
If I have a start date say January 2017 and I go for premium or priority application in the next 2 weeks and my application is successful, do I have to wait till January to continue working ( im extending my visa with the same sponor and current visa is valid till end of Janury/ early Feb 2017). Or would you advise a date in NOvember since I am planing to use priority or premium service?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 am

wont be a problem.
start date of Jan and applying in Nov is fine. Once u have visa, u can apply for dependents as soon as u have brp

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:32 am

iworker wrote:wont be a problem.
start date of Jan and applying in Nov is fine. Once u have visa, u can apply for dependents as soon as u have brp

Thank you
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.