ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application awaiting COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cegun2003
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application awaiting COS

Post by cegun2003 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I am curently working for an employer who are about to submit an application for T2G licence (unrestricted COS). But my Tier Doctorate Ext Scheme visa expires in January and I am getting worried that the application result might not be out in time. I have read some posts on this board and some advised that one can submit a Tier 2 visa application, before current BRP expires, with a cover letter saying that my employer's T2G licence application is being processed.
Please has anyone done this before? Assuming the employers licence was approved, will the visa be approved?

Thanks for your help.

Dre

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 Application awaiting COS

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 pm

cegun2003 wrote:Hi all,

I am curently working for an employer who are about to submit an application for T2G licence (unrestricted COS). But my Tier Doctorate Ext Scheme visa expires in January and I am getting worried that the application result might not be out in time. I have read some posts on this board and some advised that one can submit a Tier 2 visa application, before current BRP expires, with a cover letter saying that my employer's T2G licence application is being processed.
Please has anyone done this before? Assuming the employers licence was approved, will the visa be approved?

Thanks for your help.

Dre
if your employers can sumbit the application early, they might get the license before your visa expires. I know the UKVI seem to be very busy at the moment but I think sponsorship registration shouldnt take more than 3 months.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.