ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension, need some clarity please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fn286

Spouse visa extension, need some clarity please

Post by fn286 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Dear experts

I need your help regarding new rules on visa extension.

My wife's visa extension is due. She's got spouse visa. I had ILR when I applied for her visa. Now I am a British citizen but I came to UK on Tier 1 (G) visa.

On Home office website, in exceptions, it says that 'if your partner had a temporary visa as worker before settling or becoming British citizen, you may have to apply under original visa category'. I'm not sure if I'm the only person confused with this clause.
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/exceptions

Please can you tell me:
- Do I need to apply via FLR(M) or Dependant visa under original category (Tier 1)?
- Does my wife have to pass English language test again (her ILETS used to first application is expired)?
- We I have to maintain any funds in bank account for 90 days for her visa extension?

I will be grateful for your expert advice.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension, need some clarity please

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Please can you tell me:
- Do I need to apply via FLR(M) or Dependant visa under original category (Tier 1)? FLR(M) if she got her spouse visa AFTER you got ILR.
- Does my wife have to pass English language test again (her ILETS used to first application is expired)? I am not sure if you can use expired one.
- We I have to maintain any funds in bank account for 90 days for her visa extension? You need to meet the financial requirements of £18,600pa, the same as you did when she APPLIED for her spouse visa. There is no 90 day maintenance fund requirement for spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fn286

Re: Spouse visa extension, need some clarity please

Post by fn286 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Thank you so much CR001.

Yes she got visa after I got ILR, its spouse visa.

Expired IELTS was acceptable but I don't think it is acceptable any more. I wish to have more clarity around this.

Thanks