ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about email...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

question about email...

Post by mrswow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:02 pm

the dreaded email came today! We had a quick google and people seem to say this is a standard response while others say uh ohh thats a nope. Anyone got any advice? :s :?
A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport. The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

chickpea
United States of America

Re: question about email...

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't think that tells you anything about the outcome of the application, mrswow.

Here is the text of the email we received when my first visa was granted (ie successful)... hope this puts your mind at ease. :) Yours is wordier, but the rules have changed and surely the auto-replies have been updated anyway. Good luck!
"A decision has been made on your UK visa application.

Your application will be dispatched shortly from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Your passport will be dispatched from the Sheffield Office and will be delivered by FedEx. Your FedEx tracking number is xxxx1795xxxx and a signature is required in order to complete delivery. You may track your FedEx shipment at http://www.fedex.com

We encourage you to give feedback on the UK visa application process. You may complete the UKBA Customer Survey at:
http://feedback.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/[xxxxxxxxxxx]

This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

Regards

Sheffield Visa Section"

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:40 pm

mrswow wrote:the dreaded email came today! We had a quick google and people seem to say this is a standard response while others say uh ohh thats a nope. Anyone got any advice? :s :?
A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport. The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Don't dread! It's a generic email saying they've come to a decision on whether or not to grant the visa. The applicant will get a call/text/email from the VAC applied at within the next few days (sometimes longer depending on how they process) asking to come and collect your passport. Only then will you know.

Where did you apply from and what's your timeline looking like?

If you paid an NHS fee it seems some people find that is refunded back to their account before they collect the passport in cases of refusal.

Hoping you'll hear good news soon! Do keep us updated :D
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Where did you apply from and what's your timeline looking like?

My fiance applied from the USA to come on a marriage settlement visa.

We have waited, so far in total 17 weeks for a decision. This was the email we received this morning and now we just wait - we paid for the priority shipping fortunately! so hopefully not too long :P and of course we will keep you updated!!

The wait has been absolute torture! Ironically either way he is legally allowed to come back to the country now anyways because he has been out of the UK for 6 months! We hope to be able to marry here in Scotland and then start the whole FLR (M) process :s

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:57 pm

If the fiance visa is refused (and the standard email gives no indication of this), please don't attempt to enter as a non-visa national without the correct visa.

As your fiance is a foreign national, you would be unable to marry in the UK without the Home Office being notified of your intention by the Registrar. The HO could then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately before the wedding could go ahead.

As a visitor it would be unlikely that permission would be granted. In any event, it is not permitted for a visitor to switch to a spouse visa from within the UK .
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Casa wrote:If the fiance visa is refused (and the standard email gives no indication of this), please don't attempt to enter as a non-visa national without the correct visa.

As your fiance is a foreign national, you would be unable to marry in the UK without the Home Office being notified of your intention by the Registrar. The HO could then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately before the wedding could go ahead.

As a visitor it would be unlikely that permission would be granted. In any event, it is not permitted for a visitor to switch to a spouse visa from within the UK .

oh no no I mean, not to marry but he is allowed to enter the UK again for 6 months to visit with us?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Technically he is, but this may not be so easy if a fiance visa has been refused as the IO at the UK Port of Entry will see the previous intention to settle logged on the system.

Also if his last visit was for the full 6 months a further 6 month stay will be seen as 'residing', not visiting.

Hopefully, the fiance visa application will be approved.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm

Casa wrote:Technically he is, but this may not be so easy if a fiance visa has been refused as the IO at the UK Port of Entry will see the previous intention to settle logged on the system.

Also if his last visit was for the full 6 months a further 6 month stay will be seen as 'residing', not visiting.

Hopefully, the fiance visa application will be approved.
oh we have everything crossed.The kids and i miss him so much!

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Just to update you all

my fiance got his visa!. Thanks everyone for keeping me sane! now we get to marry and do it all over again with FLR (M) !

I am super happy

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:28 pm

mrswow wrote:Just to update you all

my fiance got his visa!. Thanks everyone for keeping me sane! now we get to marry and do it all over again with FLR (M) !

I am super happy
Congrats! Super happy for you :)
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!