ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application Form for DCPR for EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GabrielaB
Newly Registered

Online Application Form for DCPR for EEA

Post by GabrielaB » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:59 am

I am planning to use the ONLINE Application Form for DCPR . I don't know how many of you used this but I would appreciate some feedback on it and if possible if anyone has been so far successful and had any kind of response from authorities (confirmation/ documents sent back).

And now I have some questions and I would be grateful if anyone could answer please:

Is the Returning of the passport service fast and reliable?
Can you ask to have other original documents returned or just the passport?
Do you also need to submit copies of all original documents sent?
It is said that you need to print the completed online form and submit with the relevant original documents within 10 days from submission. How can you be sure you get an appointment with the Return of Passport Office in time ? What if they don't have any available appointments in the next 10 days?

Some questions might sound silly (I am really sorry) but I am genuinely concerned that Online Application PR form being not very used (or is it very used at present?!) I would have problems with it.
Has anyone encountered problems submitting this type of form?
Many thanks.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Online Application Form for DCPR for EEA

Post by ohara » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Is the Returning of the passport service fast and reliable?
You don't actually send your passport; the council takes a photocopy, certifies it, and sends it on your behalf.

Not entirely sure on this one, what else do you need to retain?

Do you also need to submit copies of all original documents sent?
No. The Home Office is a big department with a lot of money and they do have their own photocopier.

It is said that you need to print the completed online form and submit with the relevant original documents within 10 days from submission. How can you be sure you get an appointment with the Return of Passport Office in time ? What if they don't have any available appointments in the next 10 days?
Again unsure on this. It's a relatively new service and I don't believe we've had anyone on here who has reported using it so far. You could give them a call and ask.

toblerone
Newly Registered

Post by toblerone » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Have a look here.https://www.freemovement.org.uk/online- ... available/
Worth having a pen and paper while listening to the video.It might be easier using eea3 form which caseworkers have to accept.
If you need your passport bAck,you can do a get my documents back request after 2 months.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Not entirely sure on this one, what else do you need to retain?
Yes, you can even ask for all of your documents to be returned via the online form. Not sure how this would affect the processing time of your application.

When I applied a while back, I requested my PP back after 2 weeks and after 2 months I requested my P60s back as I needed them as well. But that was at a time when HO was still less overwhelmed than now..
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 am

The biggest problem I can see with the online application is that it forces you to answer all of the questions. If you are completing the paper form, you can ignore most of it as you are not required to give a lot of what the EEA(PR) form asks for.

I think the best bet is still getting a little up to speed, and using the EEA3 form. It's the least intrusive option.

I sent my application when I was much less versed in the law, using the EEA(PR) form back in December 2015. I requested my passport back in January and it arrived in 4 working days.

Then again, that was before the Brexit-inspired storm started. I imagine it's a much different situation at the HO now.

GabrielaB
Newly Registered

Post by GabrielaB » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Thank you for your answers.
I am still a bit confused regarding which application I should submit. I thought the online one is somehow simpler than the "monster" new one which can be very confusing.
I wish some people who applied using the online application in the last months (since implemented in beginning of October 2016 or end September same year) could tell me how the things work.
I can't believe nobody applied using it... or maybe people who did do not follow this forum.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Take a look at this one and then weigh up which one would be easiest for you.

If I had known what I do now back when I applied last year, I would have done it with a letter.