ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum validity of passport for visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visitor4now
Newly Registered

Post by visitor4now » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi,

I wonder if someone could please answer my query. I'm a non-visa national, and I'm planning to spend 2 weeks on holiday in the UK in late March. My passport expires on July 18. Is that going to be a problem? Is there a minimum term of validity that I must have left in my passport in order to seek admission as a visitor in the UK? Should I get a new one just to avoid trouble?

I remember reading one post (not long ago) saying that the UK was unique among most countries, as you could enter it even if you had only one day of validity left in your passport, while most other countries demand at least 6 months left. Is that written somewhere in the Immigration Rules?

Thanks in advance!

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:47 am

There is no minimum validity required.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

visitor4now
Newly Registered

Post by visitor4now » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Thank you very much, Vinny and Insider!