ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siamsteve

Some advice please

Post by siamsteve » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi

This is my first post, so i'm new to all this but i'm very impressed with this forum, anyway my question is this:

first of all i'm a UK national was born in London UK and have lived here all my life

I married my wife last November in the Philippines and we are now just going through the steps to get her UK visa VAF4 sponsorship visa.

She was just about to submit all her documentation required including bank statements letter from landlord letter from employer wishing to employ my wife, photo's, birth certificate's marriage contract, etc... But it was noticed that her photo was starting to come away from the page in her passport, my wife was strongly advised to apply for a new passport so that there would be less chance or a rejection because of possible tampering with the passport.

Anyway she has started to check what she needs to apply for a new passport and found the following website:
http://www.passport.com.ph/app/requirements/renewal.php

she then found the following which we are not sure what to do:
For married women, who want to use surname of their spouse:

Personal Appearance is required.
Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO OR CTC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.
Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).
We do not know if they are asking for the attendance of myself and we are unsure what the certificate of Attendance from the CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) ? I undstand that i'm a foreigner but i have done some checking and i can't find anything that says she needs me to attend?

Any advice from anyone who has managed to get their spouse back to the UK and changed their family name to their partners name in a new passport from the Philippines

many thanks in advance

Steve.

nobody27
Newly Registered

Post by nobody27 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:42 pm

I think its better to apply for a new passport using your last name as you are already married and saving you time in amending her passport when she arrive here. As for the CFO sticker and certificate she can do that after she had her Visa...Dont worry to much about CFO because its just a half day siminar in Cebu but in manila i think its 2 days..
hope that helps...

siamsteve

many thanks

Post by siamsteve » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your quick reply i now understand what is required and of course this will take a little bit more time but as i'm begining to learn about the philippines and getting all the admin done for the visa getting marriage contract from the nso etc.. all takes a long time.

I agree i think it would be better for my wife to change her family name to mine with the new passport we had agreed we would do that last dec then changed our minds not to do and use her existing one until she needed to renew her old passport but lucky for us some one managed to point out the damage done to her old passport picture before we made the visa application.

All the best

Steve