ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siamsteve

Overstayer

Post by siamsteve » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi

I'm looking at possible advice for the following: I met my wife to be in London in Jan 2006 while she was on a visitor visa we then started to date and last year in October we flew back to the Philippines to get married, now my wife was only given a three month visitor visa so she has overstayed though she was not deported or warned she just went back to the Philippines or any stamp in her passport to state she had overstayed or any comments from the Home office not even stopped at the airport and asked why she had overstayed,

We are now going through the steps for the spouse visa and i'm worried that the issue of the overstay will cause her application to fail we have supplied information as to where she was living (that was with me) and that i had been supporting her through this time while in the UK. Would this be a major issue or could she pass this off as just a mistake apologies say that she was living with her fiancé and as long as she has proof that she was with me and including photo's etc..andy advice would be helpful all the best

Steve