ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

step daughter settlement visa VAFA appendix 2, please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cosak
United Kingdom

step daughter settlement visa VAFA appendix 2, please help

Post by cosak » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 pm

hi guys,
I am filling up VAF4A appendix 2 for my step daughter. I am stuck on a few questions and urgently need some help if possible please.
My step daughter is applying for a settlement visa along with her mother (my wife). I have filled up my wife's visa form VAF4A and Appendix 2. I have included my step daughter on those forms too. I understand I have to fill up the same forms for her seperately.
here are the mind boggling questions which I can seem to get through. I am struggling to understand which one of the following will apply to my step daughter. Please help if you can.

3.2 What is the fiancial requirement you are required to meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Applying with no child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year
Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year
Applying with two child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year
Applying with three child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year

Thank you so much in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: step daughter settlement visa VAFA appendix 2, please he

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 pm

cosak wrote:hi guys,
I am filling up VAF4A appendix 2 for my step daughter. I am stuck on a few questions and urgently need some help if possible please.
My step daughter is applying for a settlement visa along with her mother (my wife). I have filled up my wife's visa form VAF4A and Appendix 2. I have included my step daughter on those forms too. I understand I have to fill up the same forms for her seperately.
here are the mind boggling questions which I can seem to get through. I am struggling to understand which one of the following will apply to my step daughter. Please help if you can.

3.2 What is the fiancial requirement you are required to meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Applying with no child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year
Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year This one.
Applying with two child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year
Applying with three child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Casa wrote:
cosak wrote:hi guys,

Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year This one.

Are you submitting legal evidence of sole responsibility for your step-daughter?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 pm

i haven't adopted her legally yet. My wife is the sole legal parent. I send them money every month to support them though..

On question 1.1, I checked this question 'I am under 18 and the sponsor is in a relationship with my parent'

Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone
fiancially, including any children listed above?

Do you and your sponsor have any shared fiancial
responsibilities?

Please also help with the above question?.. what do you think I should put for the above two questions. I send money to my wife and step daughter every month.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:14 pm

cosak wrote:i haven't adopted her legally yet. My wife is the sole legal parent. I send them money every month to support them though..

On question 1.1, I checked this question 'I am under 18 and the sponsor is in a relationship with my parent' Correct

Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone
fiancially, including any children listed above? Yes. Myself and stepdaughter

Do you and your sponsor have any shared fiancial
responsibilities? No (if your wife doesn't contribute financially to any bills etc)

Please also help with the above question?.. what do you think I should put for the above two questions. I send money to my wife and step daughter every month.
Does your wife have proof of sole responsibility? Where is the biological father?
(Casa, not CR001)

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:37 pm

thanks a lot,
Yes, my wife has an official certificate of sole parenthood. the biological father disappeared subsequent to daughter's birth. He has nothing to do with any of us.

my wife and step daughter came to the UK on a visitor visa this august and returned to Ukraine in the middle of this month october. we are now giong to apply for a settlement visa.

do i have to fill up section 4 on the appendix 2? or shall i just leave it blank? If i have to fill up section 4, then please what about these questions?..

please two more questions: 4.13, How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is >>
given to their family members and other dependents?

and 4.14, How much does your sponsor spend each month on
living costs?

Do you have any income or savings that will still be
available to you once you come to the UK?

I give about 200 pounds sterlings to my wife every month for her expenses and daughter's too....thanks a lot again, awaiting desperately...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:08 am

Does the child's biological father's name appear on the birth certificate? If yes, the mother has to prove sole responsibility. If she cannot do this, the visa for the child will likely be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:21 am

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your advice so far.

Do i have to fill up section 4 (maintance requirement for those exempt from financial requirement) of VAF4A appendix 2 for my 5 year old step daughter?

which of the following do i have to check on for my step daughter's appendix 2 form?

What is the fiancial requirement you are required to meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year

thank a lot...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 am

Casa wrote:
cosak wrote:Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year This one.
Why have you asked the same question again? Was there something in Casa's response yesterday that wasn't clear enough?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:Does the child's biological father's name appear on the birth certificate? If yes, the mother has to prove sole responsibility. If she cannot do this, the visa for the child will likely be refused.
This is also really important.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:50 am

thanks CR001 and Casa,
My wife is the sole legal parent of my step daughter. the biological father's name dorsn't appear on the birth ceritifcate. we used the same certificate for their visitor visa and it's was granted. we will use the same certificate next time too...

please help me if i have to fill up section 4 of th appendix 2 for my daughter or wife??

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:30 pm

cosak wrote:please help me if i have to fill up section 4 of th appendix 2 for my daughter or wife??
If you are not exempt from the financial requirement, you don't complete this section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:40 pm

AIUI, you need a court order to remove an estranged child from Ukraine, irrespective of father's permission/existence...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:41 pm

thanks a lot for help CR001

I have full time employment as a bus driver. my contract is 39 hours per week at £10.10 per hour.

I do overtime to earn more money taking it up to 60ish hours a week. For the last 5 months, my gross wages are:
May 2017 - £2730.70
June 2017 - £2214.77
July 2017 - 2526.53
August 2017 - 1968.05
Sept. 2017 - 2294.71
October's wages will also be around £2200...

i earned £29000.00 last year and the year before £27000.00... i have got the P60s for that as well to with the application..

I understand the ECO will take the month with lowest wages into consideration and multiply it with 12 to calculate the financial requirement of £22400 for my wife and daughter.

my lowest wage month is 1968.05 x 12 = 23616.60 which is well over the required threshold.

I was slightly unwell during the month of August due to which i couldn't work much. Shall i mention this fact in the 'addtional information page' or just leave it unmentioned...

please advice what do you think of the above financial situation...thanks a lot again

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:48 pm

AIUI, you need a court order to remove an estranged child from Ukraine, irrespective of father's permission/existence...

my wife is the sole legal parent of her daughter and she will be bringing her as her dependent child. we have the legal document to prove that... they have also been to the uK on visitor visa and we proved that to the embassy before by providing them the sole parent certificate certified and translated into english.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:01 pm

hanks a lot for help CR001

I have full time employment as a bus driver. my contract is 39 hours per week at £10.10 per hour.

I do overtime to earn more money taking it up to 60ish hours a week. For the last 5 months, my gross wages are:
May 2017 - £2730.70
June 2017 - £2214.77
July 2017 - 2526.53
August 2017 - 1968.05
Sept. 2017 - 2294.71
October's wages will also be around £2200...

i earned £29000.00 last year and the year before £27000.00... i have got the P60s for that as well to with the application..

I understand the ECO will take the month with lowest wages into consideration and multiply it with 12 to calculate the financial requirement of £22400 for my wife and daughter.

my lowest wage month is 1968.05 x 12 = 23616.60 which is well over the required threshold.

I was slightly unwell during the month of August due to which i couldn't work much. Shall i mention this fact in the 'addtional information page' or just leave it unmentioned...

please advice what do you think of the above financial situation...thanks a lot again

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:12 pm

cosak wrote:AIUI, you need a court order to remove an estranged child from Ukraine, irrespective of father's permission/existence...

my wife is the sole legal parent of her daughter and she will be bringing her as her dependent child. we have the legal document to prove that... they have also been to the uK on visitor visa and we proved that to the embassy before by providing them the sole parent certificate certified and translated into english.
http://uk.practicallaw.com/5-564-3065?s ... nt#a847699

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:48 pm

thanks a lot for your advice.

The child may travel abroad without the notarised consent of the other parent in the case where they are able to show, at the points of crossing of state borders, an original document or notarised copy of one of the following:
The death certificate of the other parent.

A court order demonstrating the termination of the parental rights of the other parent.
A court order recognising that the other parent has "disappeared".
A court order recognising the other parent as incapable.
A court order granting permission to travel outside Ukraine for a citizen who has not reached the age of 16 and is without the consent and support of the other parent.
A certificate of birth issued by the civil registration office, specifying that the record about the father was made on the basis of first paragraph of Article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine 2002.

we have this ceritificate ' A certificate of birth issued by the civil registration office, specifying that the record about the father was made on the basis of first paragraph of Article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine 2002.'

grandfather's name is declared where father's name is required on the birth certificate. apprently this is how it's done in ukraine. it was accepted by the british embassy for visitor visa and hopefully it will be ok again...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:12 pm

cosak wrote:thanks a lot for your advice.

The child may travel abroad without the notarised consent of the other parent in the case where they are able to show, at the points of crossing of state borders, an original document or notarised copy of one of the following:
The death certificate of the other parent.

A court order demonstrating the termination of the parental rights of the other parent.
A court order recognising that the other parent has "disappeared".
A court order recognising the other parent as incapable.
A court order granting permission to travel outside Ukraine for a citizen who has not reached the age of 16 and is without the consent and support of the other parent.
A certificate of birth issued by the civil registration office, specifying that the record about the father was made on the basis of first paragraph of Article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine 2002.

we have this ceritificate ' A certificate of birth issued by the civil registration office, specifying that the record about the father was made on the basis of first paragraph of Article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine 2002.'

grandfather's name is declared where father's name is required on the birth certificate. apprently this is how it's done in ukraine. it was accepted by the british embassy for visitor visa and hopefully it will be ok again...
'Travel' isn't the same as residing.

My knowledge on this is a bit out of date, so you probably need to check or consult a Ukrainian lawyer but I do know all the FSU states are analogy about this sort of thing, having a Russian partner myself and worked in Russia (and Ukr) for a bit.

You did need to apply for an exit visa too when leaving Ukr. to reside elsewhere, doubt that's changed.

Nightmare bureaucracy, I was going to open an office in Kiev and work from it, but I gave up, they just throw pointless paperwork at you for no reason other than just to annoy you.

I'm just suggestng these things because they can end up biting you in the popka if not sorted at source.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:34 pm

i will certiantly discuss with my wife today.. i am in the uk and my wife and duaghter is in ukraine. i have another ukrainian friend who is married to a canadian. i will ask her if she had to obtain this document from court for her son to reside in canada.. i like 'biting on popka'...

i am hoping that her original birth ceritificate and the sole parent document (suppose issued by the government aurthority) is enough..

please can you have a look at my financial position on the same thread...what do you think?...thanks wanderer again...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:43 pm

cosak wrote:i will certiantly discuss with my wife today.. i am in the uk and my wife and duaghter is in ukraine. i have another ukrainian friend who is married to a canadian. i will ask her if she had to obtain this document from court for her son to reside in canada.. i like 'biting on popka'...

i am hoping that her original birth ceritificate and the sole parent document (suppose issued by the government aurthority) is enough..

please can you have a look at my financial position on the same thread...what do you think?...thanks wanderer again...
Just I always prefer to be sure, to the point of over doing it! But we never had a any visa visa issues, but releaxed on UK passport application and messed it up three times at NCS at the Post Office - embarrassing!

Finances look ok to me, I wouldn't bother with any explanations, chances are they'd not be read/considered, you pass the criteria, that's all they want to see. It's a tick-box system, that's all they do, tick, tick, tick, pass....

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:00 pm

thanks wanderer, very much appreciate your advice...

i suppose the certificates we have now for step daughter (birth certificate and sole parenthood) are enough for visa... the court order document is required at the port of exit from ukraine??...

External forum weblink removed by moderatoR

if you please read 'Durak' response...it makes sense...what do you think???...
thanks agian... is there anything else i should be thinking of of??....

how do i recover skype chat history??... i have got one year recovered but can't get any further back dated...please help....thanks againn..
Last edited by CR001 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Weblink removed

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:36 pm

cosak wrote:thanks wanderer, very much appreciate your advice...

i suppose the certificates we have now for step daughter (birth certificate and sole parenthood) are enough for visa... the court order document is required at the port of exit from ukraine??...

External forum weblink removed by moderator

if you please read 'Durak' response...it makes sense...what do you think???...
thanks agian... is there anything else i should be thinking of of??....

how do i recover skype chat history??... i have got one year recovered but can't get any further back dated...please help....thanks againn..
Makes sense yeah, though as you probably know 'Durak' is Russian for 'Idiot'. Well a male one, it's 'Dura' for a female, don't use it on the wife, I did (for a laugh) on my partner and her Mother took serious offence....

I'm sure when you need isn't going to be difficult, just some more hoops to jump through, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, just get the Mrs on the case!

Dunno about Skype, I'm an Apple Fanboi only use FaceTime/Messages. To be honest I personally can't see the point, easily forgeable and I can't really see UKVI putting much store to them, though to be fair when we did this things were a lot easier, just fill in the form and pay....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Please refrain from posting external weblinks as we are unable to verify them and they might be construed as advertising.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks wanderer, CR001 and Casa for your help...

is there any template to write a sponsorship letter for my wife and daughter??.. would appreciate if there is any help to construct one...thanks