ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member transfer current UK visa to new passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZAGHAM
Newly Registered

EEA family member transfer current UK visa to new passport

Post by ZAGHAM » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:51 am

HI
I M EEA FAMILY MEMBER AND I HAVE TO TRANSFER MY CURRENT 5 YRS UK VISA TO MY NEW PASSPORT.
I NEED BRP. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE. AND TELL ME THE WAY OF ANSWER HOW TO CHECK IT OR IF U CAN SEND ME BY EMAIL.
THANKS

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed name

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY MEMBER TRANSFER CURRENT UK VISA TO NEW PASSPO

Post by ohara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:59 am

Which "visa" are you talking about?

If you have a residence card of a family member of an EEA national, that isn't a visa. You don't need to transfer it to your new passport, it is still valid even if your passport expires.

People on EEA migration route do not get a BRP; that's for those on UK visa route only.

Residence cars for non-EEA family members ARE issued as biometric cards now, but there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer a vignette to a biometric RC. The only way I can think of doing it is by 'losing' your old passport, and then simply applying for a new RC and paying the £65.

You could try just applying for an RC, but if you send your passport to HO and they refuse to issue a new RC while you still have a valid one in your passport, they might get a bit suspicious if a week later you have suddenly lost the passport.

vinny

Re: EEA FAMILY MEMBER TRANSFER CURRENT UK VISA TO NEW PASSPO

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:27 am

Please don't shout.
9. Get a replacement residence card wrote:You can apply for a new residence card or permanent residence card if the passport containing your old residence card has expired - you can’t transfer it to a new passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Re: EEA family member transfer current UK visa to new passpo

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:32 am

ZAGHAM wrote:...
I NEED BRP. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE. AND TELL ME THE WAY OF ANSWER HOW TO CHECK IT OR IF U CAN SEND ME BY EMAIL.
THANKS

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Welcome.
Suggest read Board T&Cs.

No contact details in public.
Post in public so all may contribute and benefit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ZAGHAM
Newly Registered

Post by ZAGHAM » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi
thanks for reply
I have eea family member 5 years residence document stiker on my old passport l want transfer to my new one or apply for brp.because once I went a company for job they said u can't work till than your current visa must be on current passport or u must be have a biometric resident card.
so I apply by TOC with fee of 223 pound's one and I did photo and finger print in the post office.but after that they sended me all documents returned and said it's not right place to transfer ur visa here . u must be apply by www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen
but from there I don't know what to do.
can u guide me
THANKS

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:20 pm

ZAGHAM wrote:so I apply by TOC with fee of 223 pound's one and I did photo and finger print in the post office.but after that they sended me all documents returned and said it's not right place to transfer ur visa here . u must be apply by http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen
You don't have a visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have an EEA residence card, these are not issued as passport stickers now, they are separate cards. You just need to apply for a new one using form EEA(FM): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06-16.pdf

The cost is £65 and you will need to give biometric information at a post office which costs £19.20. Not sure why the hell you paid £223 :shock:

ZAGHAM
Newly Registered

Post by ZAGHAM » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:16 am

actually my wife is Italian and currently my visa not expire yet.
in both conditions aswell i have use this form that I send me.
thanks bro

ZAGHAM
Newly Registered

Post by ZAGHAM » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 am

and I said they give us now card which card brp one or
normally card with sticker on it.
thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 am

I don't think you understand.

As the family member of an EEA national, you have the right under EU law to reside in the UK with your spouse. Your residence card is not a visa, it is simply proof of your status. You are not required to have an RC, and you would still be permitted to remain here, it would just be difficult for you to prove your right to work.

Your right to live and work in the UK is entirely dependent on your spouses economic activity. If your wife stops exercising treaty rights (and she doesn't have PR), neither of you will have a basis to remain in the UK, regardless of whether you have an RC or not.

In answer to your question, yes the RC is a biometric card now. It is still called a residence card, not to be confused with a biometric residence permit (BRP) which is how UK visas are issued.

ZAGHAM
Newly Registered

Post by ZAGHAM » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:29 pm

thanks a lot
I get my all answers

msmahmud
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: EEA family member transfer current UK visa to new passport

Post by msmahmud » Fri May 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Hello @ZAGHAM

Hope you problem is solve.

Could you please advise me how did you solve this issue. Did you apply for a new card? which form you use?

I am having the same issue. Currently im working in a company and im in the process to change the company however the new company is asking me the get the visa is my current valid passport. and I cant find the right form.

Thanks in advance

Shahriyar

khan007592
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family member transfer current UK visa to new passport

Post by khan007592 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:48 am

HELLO
I encountered the same problem back in end of 2015 when I nearly lost my job the reason being that my visa need to be in a current passport , I was shocked on a bit of research I found that basically according to the UKBA guidelines all visas not in current passport are not valid unless in a current passport. I contacted UKBA told my issue they sent me a letter to give it to my employer and also ask me to tell them that they can call them and check whether I am allowed or not , Lucikly it worked.
The problem in this situation is finding a new job as I missed out on 3 or 4 good job opportunities on final stage just having this issue as generally employers dont know about this issue and they are bit cautious , even though I SHOWED my letter from UKBA ALONG with visa and explained that I am currently working but no avail.
The soloution to this problem is to make a new application for EEA2 , THAT was something I was not prepared to do naturally to go through all this process , FROM my understanding a lot of people dont know about this problem as UKBA started issuing cards later rather than stickers on passport.
HOPE IT HELPS