ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship / Passport for a child born in Slovenia

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lbasic
Newly Registered

British Citizenship / Passport for a child born in Slovenia

Post by lbasic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 am

I am a British Citizen since 1999 living and working in the UK with a full British passport. My partner is Slovenian who lives and works in Slovenia. We are engaged but not yet married. We are expecting a child in Feb 2017 and my partner prefers to give birth in Slovenia as she works for Slovenian Health System and its more comfortable then giving birth in UK.

Will my child be automatically entitled in to British Citizenship and British Passport given that I’m the father and have full BC plus mother has full Slovenian citizenship and Slovenia is a member of EU since 2004.

Thank you,

lbasic

LilyLalilu

Re: British Citizenship / Passport for a child born in Slove

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am

Yes, if you are a naturalised British citizen and listed on the birth certificate as the father, the child born abroad will be British by descent.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

lbasic
Newly Registered

Post by lbasic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 am

Very kind, Thank you.

lbasic
Newly Registered

Post by lbasic » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi,

Can can someone point me in to the right direction. My daughter was borne 2 weeks ago in Slovenia. My partner as explained in the original post is Slovenian. I am on the birth certificate as the father and a British Citizen since 1999.

What steps do I need to take in order to obtain British Passport or Citizenship for my daughter? I have birth certificate translated in to English.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:45 pm

If you are not married to the mother, HMPO will likely ask for DNA proof (from an HO approved provider) before they will issue a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lbasic
Newly Registered

Post by lbasic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

How should I initiate the process? There are tons of forms that are available on the HMPO site and I want to make sure that I get on tot he right track from the outset. Dont have the £££ for lawyers to ask. Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:55 am

Do confirm that child's mother was not married at the time of child's birth.

See also Proving paternity in British nationality law: rule change on effect of birth certificates.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:59 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lbasic
Newly Registered

Post by lbasic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

vinny wrote:Do confirm that child's mother was not married at the time of child's birth.

See also Proving paternity in British nationality law: rule change on effect of birth certificates.
I confirm that child mother was not married at the time of birth. I have been through the passport application and one of the questions is Was the applicant a British national at birth?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Yes, if you can prove paternity.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.