ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) application passport return: risk?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mia777

EEA (PR) application passport return: risk?

Post by mia777 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 am

My partner is shipping her application to the Home Office this week.

We are travelling in late December for the holidays.

Based on your experience,if she requests her passport 10 working days after the application is received, do you foresee any issues getting it back in time?

Her EU ID card expired and she could wait until the new year but it's not really clear how urgent the application is and if/how Brexit matters here.

Thanks!

noajthan

Re: EEA (PR) application passport return: risk?

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:12 am

mia777 wrote:My partner is shipping her application to the Home Office this week.

Based on your experience,if she requests her passport 10 working days after the application is received, do you foresee any issues getting it back in time?

Her EU ID card expired and she could wait until the new year but it's not really clear how urgent the application is and if/how Brexit matters here.

Thanks!
Yes, don't bank on 10 days turn around.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

biancos83
Newly Registered

Post by biancos83 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm

mia777 wrote:My partner is shipping her application to the Home Office this week.

Thanks!

very recently we requested our documents back ad It took 13 working days to get our documents back from HO

mia777

Post by mia777 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:14 pm

biancos83 wrote:very recently we requested our documents back ad It took 13 working days to get our documents back from HO
How long did you wait to request them back after the confirmed receipt of the application?

We're not banking on 10 working days but I've read you should wait 10 working days until you first request it back.

The passport is required by 22 December.