ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you guys present your EEA applications?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nachfee
United Kingdom

How do you guys present your EEA applications?

Post by nachfee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are well and are having good news! I'm sure everyone is a bit anxious with this Brexit stuff and your visa application process.

I was just wondering, it would be very interesting to know how people send their documents and how they present them. I may be over-thinking it, but I want to send them in a way it would be as easy as possible for the case worker to understand and go through my mammoth pile of documents.

I am actually sending a ring folder, sectioned and all with dividers and plastic wallets for each section and documentation required for such section. The application form will be wholly at the beginning and then all the documents will be organised by sections (dividers) and then in wallets. As Im applying for a PR, they will require documents for 5 continuous years so, I am organising in plastic wallets each year.

As section 5 is for my timeline here and section 11 is for our timeline living together, Im hoping to kill two birds with one bullet by submitting just 5-years continuous documents with BOTH our names for both sections.
I'm actually titling each section (lovely typed, cut and taped to each dividers - Maybe I just realised I'm OCD).
For example: Divider would say something like:

Section 1
Documents (Applicant)
- Passport Original
- Passport photocopy

and so on.
THEN I have to add a separate folder for the ridiculous amount of my husband's 5 YEARS bank statements! As we are applying as my sponsor being self employed.

If anyone can let everyone know how they have submitted their application, it would be great and help me! :D

Im hoping I can request bac my passport and have it by the second week of December as I have to work during Christmas and NY in tourism.

Let me and everyone know your thoughts!
Thanks in advance everyone!

LilyLalilu

Re: How do you guys present your EEA applications?

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 pm

I didn't go too OCD but organised everything properly to make it as clear and easy as possible for the CW.

I had three plastic pouches, one for the application form, one for when I was a worker and one for when I was self-sufficient. Put a label on each pouch to say how I exercised my treaty rights, which period it covered and which documents it contained.
Only took me like 20 mins to put it together, I sent the least amount of paperwork possible whilst still sending unimpeachable evidence.

My application was turned around quickly, but that was well before Brexit. It seems to take rather long regardless these days, but I guess it always helps if the CW doesn't have to make sense of tons and tons of unorganised paperwork :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mia777

Post by mia777 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:30 am

I made an EEA2 application several years ago and hired a lawyer to do it. The firm did exactly what you did: binder with plastic wallets.

My partner is now submitting an EEA (PR) application and we're actually reusing the same binder and wallets. She didn't get too detailed with the labelling but put a handwritten sticky note on the first page visible in the plastic wallet. She also wrote a cover letter.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:55 am

There's no need to present it in a super tidy fashion; at the end of the day the people dealing with the application are employed to do exactly that.

I didn't bother using any plastic wallets or binders or anything like that, I just shoved everything into a padded A4 envelope. The whole bundle was so heavy it cost me £10 to post it :lol:

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Thank you very much for your replies guys!

When I did my second EEA2 Application (I had to just repeated it as my parents were applyign with me this time and just made the whole thing easier) we kinda did just organised it a bit in and cost a fortune (3 applications yep!) but they were papers for just a EEA2, therefore no need for 5 years.... so this time is quite a lot of paper and explanation so I thought organisation would be better.

Thanks Mia! It gives me a huge relief that Im doing just what solicitors did! It gives me a bit more confidence :)

Many thanks again and any extra info would be much helpful!!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 am

nachfee wrote:just organised it a bit in and cost a fortune (3 applications yep!)
Just being pedantic here, but in the scheme of things, £65 x3 is not a fortune.

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks Ohara for your useful information. "Fortune" is a subjective word.

For everyone else:
Hole punch documents and then doing a file okay?
Thanks