ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service - pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aprboom

Re: Priority service - pakistan

Post by aprboom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Hey.
Yes, this is my first application and i have paid for the priority service.
My online application was submitted on the 14th of September. biometrics were done on the 22nd and the evidence (original documents) were sent to Sheffield on the 27th September.
I emailed the UKVI asking for the status of my Visa application they said it still has to assessd by an officer.
It has been een 4 weeks now. I went for the priority service because they said they'll process the visa in 15 working days

Thanks.[/quote]

I applied on 9th September, priority and did my status check and just your reply, the response was it's yet to be assessed by ECO, Its been 6 weeks now.

Please keep me updated and I shall do the same, thank you

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 pm

apprentice786 wrote:I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/
Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.[/quote]

What's your timeline please? thank you

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Scotsgirl wrote:No i haven't tried. Will do thought they do cost you a fortune.
Plus, i read these emails can be incorrect at times. Hopefully i get to hear back next week. Insha'Allah. :)

apprentice786 wrote:I have applied through a lawyer. and i checked the status of my application on Thursday. :/
Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.
[/quote]

You are right, these automated responses don't always give you a clear update, contacting them over the phone is a waste of time, money and effort but you can try it for your own satisfaction

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Scotsgirl wrote:No i haven't tried. Will do thought they do cost you a fortune.
Plus, i read these emails can be incorrect at times. Hopefully i get to hear back next week. Insha'Allah. :)

Have you tried calling them through that website? It does charge you though. It just might be the case that its abit delayed because of high volumes of applications, i have also read some people visa being granted after a month using the priority service and some got granted quicker it just depends on the ECO's caseload.
[/quote]

I think it's taking around 7-8 weeks for priority as I called HO last Friday and they said it can take up to 12 weeks. As too many priority application were submitted and it put extra burden on them which is why they are behind the deadline.

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 am

Thank you brother for the update, hope they expedite the process

I think it's taking around 7-8 weeks for priority as I called HO last Friday and they said it can take up to 12 weeks. As too many priority application were submitted and it put extra burden on them which is why they are behind the deadline.[/quote]

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:43 am

Upto 12 weeks on priority applications... I guess that pushes standard to 24

The last passport collectedposts on this forum from priority applicants in Pakistan seem to have been mid September biometric appointments and around mid July for standard
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:40 pm

I got an email from tracking service that my application is currently being assessed on the 12th working day i also did a priority service. They returned my original documents and copies (unopened) after 2 days, is this normal? Is it a bad or a good sign? Please advise.

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm

apprentice786 wrote:I got an email from tracking service that my application is currently being assessed on the 12th working day i also did a priority service. They returned my original documents and copies (unopened) after 2 days, is this normal? Is it a bad or a good sign? Please advise.
No idea about this but have you checked your bank account the one you paid ihs surcharge. The only way to find out is if you have been refunded or otherwise email pattern. But it's still not guaranteed until you see your passport

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:09 pm

apprentice786 wrote:I got an email from tracking service that my application is currently being assessed on the 12th working day i also did a priority service. They returned my original documents and copies (unopened) after 2 days, is this normal? Is it a bad or a good sign? Please advise.
Yes it's a revised process from July/August this year, they now
Keep copies apparently and send the rest back. There was a note in my bundle to let me know did you not receive one?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Yes i have checked my account no ihs payment refunded yet so thats a good sign, did you get your copies back as well as originals? They havnt called me or anything as of yet.

Thanks

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Keep copies apparently and send the rest back. There was a note in my bundle to let me know did you not receive one?

I sent my originals and copies of all my documents to them as stated on the new change website. When they sent my documents back i did have a note saying they will keep the copies etc but they sent back my copies and that note looked like it was generic.

Thanks

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:27 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:

I sent my originals and copies of all my documents to them as stated on the new change website. When they sent my documents back i did have a note saying they will keep the copies etc but they sent back my copies and that note looked like it was generic.

Thanks
Did you receieve your copies back aswell or did they keep them and only sent u back the originals with note?

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:39 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:
Did you receieve your copies back aswell or did they keep them and only sent u back the originals with note?
I receieved everything- originals and the photocopies I'd made, attached at the end and labelled for the home office. The bundle had been looked through, staples and paperclips removed and order of docs completely rearranged.

See this link https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

You'll see it says:
Failure to provide this information may result in a delay to the assessment of the application. Please note that your supporting documents may be returned to your sponsor before you receive a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and there is no need to contact us further.

The note i got back was a black white printout withe the ukvi logo, dated the date they got my parcel and namely addressed to me as sponsor. It said there's nothing to worry about if I have the docs back well before the applicant has a decision, it's a revised process as they now keep electronic copies of everything (that I don't know how efficient it is with human error and all but oh well) and that they will contact me should they need anything further.

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:43 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:
I receieved everything- originals and the photocopies I'd made, attached at the end and labelled for the home office. The bundle had been looked through, staples and paperclips removed and order of docs completely rearranged.

See this link https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

You'll see it says:
Failure to provide this information may result in a delay to the assessment of the application. Please note that your supporting documents may be returned to your sponsor before you receive a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and there is no need to contact us further.

The note i got back was a black white printout withe the ukvi logo, dated the date they got my parcel and namely addressed to me as sponsor. It said there's nothing to worry about if I have the docs back well before the applicant has a decision, it's a revised process as they now keep electronic copies of everything (that I don't know how efficient it is with human error and all but oh well) and that they will contact me should they need anything further.
Yes i had exactly the same note same as you. When did you apply for yours? And did you do a status check?

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Hopefully nothing to worry about then. I was a bit paranoid that they didnt even keep photocopies and some stuff looked untouched but I asked my solicitor he said I wasn't the only one

Mine is standard not priority. Week 11 for us starts tomorrow. Latest status check last Friday, still no current updates, would that mean it's nowhere near being seen?

Status check: 05/10/16 (8 weeks), no current updates

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:01 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:Hopefully nothing to worry about then. I was a bit paranoid that they didnt even keep photocopies and some stuff looked untouched but I asked my solicitor he said I wasn't the only one

Mine is standard not priority. Week 11 for us starts tomorrow. Latest status check last Friday, still no current updates, would that mean it's nowhere near being seen?

I have noticed with the status check that the automated emails that they send dont make sense half of the time seems like they dont even check properly and resend the last email. I requested a status check friday and they responded back saying your application is currently being assessd and today my husband requested a status check and he got a response saying its yet to be assessd! I dont trust the tracking system at all. So i wouldnt worry about that you recieved a response with no current updates.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:Hopefully nothing to worry about then. I was a bit paranoid that they didnt even keep photocopies and some stuff looked untouched but I asked my solicitor he said I wasn't the only one

I have noticed with the status check that the automated emails that they send dont make sense half of the time seems like they dont even check properly and resend the last email. I requested a status check friday and they responded back saying your application is currently being assessd and today my husband requested a status check and he got a response saying its yet to be assessd! I dont trust the tracking system at all. So i wouldnt worry about that you recieved a response with no current updates.
Well that makes no sense!

Has anything changed for you when you log into visa4uk?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Nope nothings changed on that it just says completed. What about yours?

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 pm

apprentice786 wrote:Nope nothings changed on that it just says completed. What about yours?
All the same. What's your timeline?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:24 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:Nope nothings changed on that it just says completed. What about yours?
Online application submitted: 29/09/16
Biometrics enrolled Mirpur: 05/10/16
Sms recieved: 05/10/16 (application fowarded to uk)
Email reccieved: 06/10/16 (application recieved in sheffield)
Supporting documents sent:11/10/16
Supporting documents received sheffield: 12/10/16
Supporting documents recieved back:15/10/16
Status check: 21/10/16 application currently being assessed
Contacted about decision made:not yet
Collection made: not yet
Visa decision: not yet

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Online application submitted: 29/09/16
What category did you apply?

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:21 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:Online application submitted: 29/09/16
I saw a post today from a priority applicant who got his decision last Weds, he applied late August. Maybe a few weeks to go for you yet if there is any consistency?

I applied cat A + D combined, how about you? Do you think different categories also slow things down?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:32 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:Online application submitted: 29/09/16
I saw a post today from a priority applicant who got his decision last Weds, he applied late August. Maybe a few weeks to go for you yet if there is any consistency?

I applied cat A + D combined, how about you? Do you think different categories also slow things down?
That is so late they say priority service make decisions within 15 days thats the whole point of it im on my 13th working day today, im hoping they will email with a decision been made email in a few days in sha allah

I applied cat A..im not sure but im assuming different categorys take different times to add up the figures etc. I wonder if they get in contact with the employers, do you reckon they make you aware of this if they do?

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:45 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
That is so late they say priority service make decisions within 15 days thats the whole point of it im on my 13th working day today, im hoping they will email with a decision been made email in a few days in sha allah

I applied cat A..im not sure but im assuming different categorys take different times to add up the figures etc. I wonder if they get in contact with the employers, do you reckon they make you aware of this if they do?
I'm sure you'll hear before I do lol. I guess we can only speculate but it seems there are a lot more applications submitted around the July-Sept period and loads more are priority apps, so keep jumping the queue to work through before standard ones waiting

The 15 day wait and 12 week wait they give is are just standard timeframes they aim to meet. I think depending on a number of factors priority apps can drag on around 8 weeks and standard ones about 24 weeks. Hang in there I guess :(

They may or may not contact your employer. If they feel the need to confirm details of your employment, overtime etc they will. Typically if they are going to do that they would call you and cross check. People have received decisions without any query being made though.

nidu19
Newly Registered

Post by nidu19 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:29 pm

I have also applied through priority and received documents back but no decision as of yet it been 10 working days since biometrics taken

hopefully everything goes well inshallah