ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply after obtaining EEA(PR)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: When can I apply after obtaining EEA(PR)

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm

ponch10 wrote:
noajthan wrote:
ponch10 wrote:OK Thanks.
I am OK waiting for a year if I have to, but for what I read it is a grey area and it might not be necessary to wait that long.

Is a SAR the best way to understand what they have on file?
Yes, a SAR or else a naturalisation appointment at NCS.
so you say: get the application ready anyway, get an appointment at NCS and if they say I am not good yet, just go home and with £60 less but clearer ideas?
No I haven't said that. But you could do that.

You asked how to discover the information.
Those are the only 2 options (that may uncover the information) and that is why I shared them.

Did I mention this was a poorly-thought out change based on a EU card that does not show relevant information.

There is no reliable use-case that has been set up for end users (applicants) to discover the relevant date.
That's why, in the absence of a joined-up solution, there is only the default Data Protection SAR route and NCS.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ponch10

Post by ponch10 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Makes sense, thanks.
What is the role of NCS in all of this? I understand they check that the application checks all the requirements are satisfied. So, if in my case they give green light on the residence requirements, that means that I won't get rejected based on residence issues. Or...not really?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:45 pm

ponch10 wrote:Makes sense, thanks.
What is the role of NCS in all of this? I understand they check that the application checks all the requirements are satisfied. So, if in my case they give green light on the residence requirements, that means that I won't get rejected based on residence issues. Or...not really?
The NCS is an agency or administrative service who do basic checks.
They don't process the application or participate in decision taking. They simply perform basic sanity checks, copy documents and forward the bundle to HO.

Acceptance by NCS does not guarantee a successful outcome. But they can and do catch some basic mistakes or flaws in an application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.